
Well this sure has been a busy week for the Morris family! Steve started his rotations on Monday--and we all have finally got back into our "normal" everyday routines again! Tanner had his 9 month check-up this week, and WOW I can't believe my little guy is already 9 months old. He is doing so many fun things now--I just love this age of discovery! He loves to feed himself (with supervision of course) but I guess he thinks he's too big now for mom to feed him! What a goof :)
Here are his stats:
{height} 29 in. 75%
{weight} 18.7 lbs 20%
{head circ} 17.5 in. 25%
{surgery}
So my little Tanner bug was born with a Grade 1 Hypospadias-- which is a very minor birth defect that you are welcome to read about from the link {here}! We met with a Urologist a few months ago, and it was decided that the best time to surgically repair this was now! So today was the "big day!" My biggest concern was having my little baby go under general anesthesia for the procedure, but all went well, and I feel so relieved that everything went smoothly and there were no complications. A big thanks to my good friend who watched Hunter for us at a very early 5am this morning...so Steve and I could both be there with Tanner. We are home now, and even though the little guy is really sore and irritable, I am grateful that all went well! You know me-- I had to take some pics this morning at the hosptial while we were waiting for them to take Tanner back to the OR.
14 comments:
Those are the CUTEST little scrubs EVER!!!! Poor tanner babe, he's so tenny and to have to have all of that to go through! I'm so glad it all went well though, we were all (not worried) but just concerned for the little man.
Oh no! I don't remember you telling me about this. I hate to see them go through anything, those pictures remind me of when Bryson got his ear tubes! I hope he recovers quickly. It is so nice to know he won't remember any of this!
Happy 9 months to your cute Tanner!
Happy 9 months to your little guy! Im sorry he had to go through that!
How can you possibly look that beautiful at 5 am Andrea!
what a trooper! He does look so dang cute in those scrubs. I remember when I saw ella in them and I about died (one because she looked so dang cute and two because she was sooo small in that huge hospital bed).
Happy 9 months Tanner!
Poor little thing having to go through that. He is so darling, I can't believe he is already 9 months. Crazy! Oh, and you look super gorgeous in hot pink!!!
I wish I would have known about Tanner's operation. I would have brought dinner....Glad all went well. His 9 month stats compared to Avalon are so little. She is enormous! He grew so much while you were gone. He looks like a big boy now. So sad!
Happy 9 months Tanner! It has gone by so fast. Our boys may have the same name, but I think my little guy might out weigh yours! :)
Glad to hear his surgery went well. He looks so cute in those scrubs.
Thats so sad for him, and you guys! I hate to put them through stuff like that. We will be felling your pain on wednesday, lexi is going in for her surg. It really is no fun! He is so cute i wish i could have seen them when you where here. For sure in October, i am planing on it!
Poor little guy!! He looks so happy in all the pictures though, I'd be a mess. I'm glad things went well, and I'm sure you're relieved to have it over with.
I'm glad the surgery went well. I know how it feels to send your child in. That's great you both got to go with him. He is such a cutie.
I can't believe how grown up Tanner looks he is so dang cute. Sorry he had to have surgery that would be tough. I'm glad all is well!
That is probably the hardest thing about being a parent...watching your baby go through pain that you can't take away. My little guy had tubes in his ears and it nearly killed me when they took him away into surgery looking all scared. I'm glad everything went well.
Who looks like that at 5 in the morning? you should have seen me when Christian had his surgery--SCAREY!!! You're a babe!
Poor Tanner! What a little trooper though. He looks so dang cute in those srubs! I am glad everything went okay though. Happy 9 months Tanner and I hope you get feeling better soon!
I'm so glad to hear that it went well for you guys. What a trooper little Tanner is. Way to go little man!!!
Post a Comment