Which basically equals a very long weekend for Andrea. HA! Steve (my die hard Ute fan hubby) was off this morning by 4am--with 3 of his buddies bound for Michigan (8 hours away) to see the Utes play in the "Big House!!" Apparently this is a really big deal...or so I have been told many times this past month. Which means... that it's just the boys and I left to fend for ourselves this weekend. I know what you're thinking...the horror of it all! It's true :)
I always joke with my mom... that ever since we started this whole "Med School" process I feel like a "single mom" most of the time. So it appears... the joke is on me this weekend I take it. Steve took the camera of course, so as to capture every blissful moment of Ute action. I usually resort to taking random snapshots of the kids to pass the time, when there isn't a whole lot going on. So... that's out! Of course we never really have extra money to throw around town, but it just seems more evident now that I have nothing to do, but sit and look online at all of the "back to school clothes" I want to buy for Hunter.
I could be productive and clean and organize every square inch of my house. I could be mopping floors, scrubbing toilets, alphabetizing the cans of soup in my cupboard, or even muster up the slightest ambition to clean and organize the black abyss (aka the pantry) But lets be honest....I will do no such thing. I am going to take advantage of this "one on one" time that I have with my boys-- and just PLAY with them! I usually am so tired at the end of the day, after putting in a full day's work as a mom, that when Steve comes home--he instantly becomes the fun PLAY TIME daddy. He gets to have all of the fun it seems, while I....am just mom. SO, we are going to be building forts otherwise known as (dragon caves to Hunter) battling Batman, and collecting rocks outside the pond by our house. Oh yeah...and we're having ice cream and popcorn for dinner tonight!
no husband. no camera. no money=no problem! (but only just for this weekend)
8 comments:
FUN!! I love the no money, we're used to that! So Matt is trying to get a hold of you for dinner, and tues the 9th will be great! i'm never around, matt will get ahold of you and work out the details! i can't wait!!!!
That sounds like a great way to do it!!! Craig was out of town a couple of weekends ago and the girls were sick so we were stuck home, but we made the most of it and made a giant bed in the greatroom and watched movies and ate junk food together. It was a blast despite the fevers and diarhea. I hope you have tons of fun with your boys while Steve is away!
I'm so glad you're going to be "fun mom" this weekend. Sometimes the little things like organizing, laundry and cleaning just seem to take up most of your day and this is going to be a nice time for you guys to just BOND!!!!! Call me if you're bored because Scott's working Sat and Sunday this weekend and I'll be home with Carter.
I don't have my camera either. :(
Yeah, us moms are no fun!!! I know how you feel though. It's weird how it takes a lot out of you to be a mom. I can't believe Steve left you for the U game. Well, I can believe he left for that, but seriously. Rob and his dad and brother are downstairs enjoying the game at the moment and wondering why I am not as excited as them to be watching it. I hope you have a good time with the boys!!
I love this post. Doesn't money seem so nice sometimes? Especailly when there is no dad. Oh, well. Your kids are getting so big and cute. I hope Hunter does great in school. You will love the bonding with Tan man.
You make me laugh! Hope that you have an awesome weekend with your boys!
Hey there! I stopped by today to drop something by but you weren't there. I hope Hunter has a good day tomorrow at school. Take care and I'll talk to you later.
Post a Comment