Monday, August 25, 2008

{on the go!}

That is what our past week has been literally..."on the go!" We had a great time taking the boys to the Zoo this past weekend to see the sea lions, and then to the Aquatic Center to go swimming. Steve is busy with his Family Medicine rotation, and I have been busy getting Hunter ready to start preschool next week. Something else that has been "on the go" is Tanner! He still really isn't all that interested in crawling yet...but he loves to stand up to our table in the family room, and move around it. Hunter was also a slow crawler and was pretty chill about the whole being mobile thing too. My guess is, that he will skip the whole crawling stage and go straight to walking. So as for now--my gates are on "stand by" until further notice. I did get these really cute pics of Tanner this past week-- standing up at the table and sitting on his firetruck.






And on a little side note...the "Bikini Bear" cupcakes turned out awesome! I really think that Steve and I had more fun than Hunter did, when we made them yesterday afternoon. What a great little treat to make with the kiddos--and even funner to eat!
{Supplies: Teddy Grahams, cake mix, gummy lifesavers, butter cream frosting, mini umbrellas, and gel frosting to decorate bears with}
{Finished product....YUM!}

{Notice the"fine detailing" of our bear's bikinis and swimwear (aka speedos)---WAY to be a perfectionist Steve!}


16 comments:

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

so cute annie! Love the bears...I might have to try now that I know how easy they are!

And cute Tanner! How funny is he beginning to stand! Crawling's over-rated...once they can move it's all over then, so tell him not to rush! I can'te ven imagine TWO boys running around your home soon!!!! :)

{Erica} said...

totally cracks me up that STEVE was the one that had to do the details on the bears...so funny! They turned out super cute!

Debbi said...

Love the cupcakes! I totally thought that the first picture of Tanner was a baby picture of Hunter, they look so much alike! Gage did that too - cruised first and then when he did crawl it was only for about 3 weeks before he took off walking everywhere. Way to go Tanner

Jamie said...

I love them Andrea-I can't wait to make them for a little bbq! It is crazy to think that my babes were doing just what Tanner is one year ago! It only gets crazier-but you already know that!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Tanner is getting SO big, what a darling sweet boy! I LOVE your cupcakes! They turned out great!

Azure said...

Those cupcakes are cute and hilarious at the same time. I love their bikinis and speedos. So modest!!! Way to go little Tanner!!! He's going to be everywhere before you know it!!

Mackay Family said...

Tanner is too cute! I can't believe that he is moving all around like that! Watch out soon you will have two to chase after. Your cupcakes were so cute!

Jo Ann Anderson said...

Your cupcakes turned out way cute!! It was nice to visit with you yesterday and you are so welcome for the Recipe holder. I made it and have some materials left over if you want to make one for your sister-in-law, just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look delish! Tanner is so stinkin cute! I know I have told you like billion times but he really is such a good baby. Never makes a peep!!

We are excited to see you guys on Monday! I am even more glad I don't have to work!

James and Jessica Ford said...

What do you mean, are we still friends? I will Never forget you. I am putting you on my blog right this instant. Yuo guys are the Best...apparently you are creative too. Yeah, I didn't get that gene.

J and C said...

cute baby, cute food. foudn you thru Jessie Ford. Sad we only had one vt visit together. Hope to get to know you better this year. Excited that Hunter and Mara are in the same preschool! www.thestubblefieldstory.blogspot.com
Courtney

Chris & Missy said...

Hi Andrea !! It was so fun hearing from you. Your boys are so dang cute (not that I'm suprised with you for a mom). I am so glad to see that you and Steve are doing well. Tell Steve Hi for me, I don't know if he will remember me though. I'm glad that you like Iowa, do you ever see Andrea (Bjarnson) and Mike? They are in Iowa going to medical school too. Please keep in touch !! MISSY

Megan and Shawn said...

Such a cute idea - I"m definetly storing that one away for a rainy day. See you tomorrow at meet the teacher day - maybe I guess it is an open house!

Scott and Angie said...

Very cute, I have to make them with Lexi she would love it! You always have such cute ideas!

Brooke Hargett said...

Andrea- that is the cutest idea! I love it! And I bet it was really fun with the kiddies. I will have to try that with my girls sometime!

Sarah said...

Hey, movie swap buddy! :) I think we're one of the few that got each other, that is so fun! And it's so fun to "meet" you. I loved your comment on my blog, you sound so fun and cute and those cupcakes are darling! I am so excited to put your package together as well and for you to do your first swap! I think you're going to love it :) At least, I hope so! ;)