Since Utah is probably the "craft capital" of the United States--I had to take advantage while I was there last month! {seriously there a lot of crafty people and shops in that state} I found this kids table at IKEA, but it was just a tan wood color. So when we got home I decided to paint it green! **Umm...if you have been to my house, you would know that we don't ever eat at the table for meals!** Oh wait that's because we don't have a kitchen table to eat at! So it got me to thinking, that we are probably not a setting a very good example for the kids! (no wonder they don't know what to do with themselves whenever we go out to eat at a restaurant) So I thought this would be a good table for Hunter to do projects/activites at-- as well as a place to eat at!
I also ordered this adorable bench I found in an ABC distributing catalog while I was there. I thought it would go quite nicely with the table and chairs above for added space-- when little friends come over to play! If you have never checked out ABC distributing before--click {here} they have really cool stuff, and at really good prices too. This bench was only $15.00
I also ordered this adorable bench I found in an ABC distributing catalog while I was there. I thought it would go quite nicely with the table and chairs above for added space-- when little friends come over to play! If you have never checked out ABC distributing before--click {here} they have really cool stuff, and at really good prices too. This bench was only $15.00

I also went to the Quilted Bear while I was in the State of Craftiness and bought this cool thing to hang above my window in our family room!!
Really it got me to thinking about all of the fun scrapbook, fabric, crafts, home decorations, and boutiques that Utah has to offer. While I was there I went to as many of these types of places that I could in a month. Some of my favorite places to shop in Utah are:
Tai Pan
Gardner Village
Quilted Bear
Modern Display
Roberts
Brooks fabric
Heartland Paper Co.
*Memories*
I have seen this "memories tag" floating around the blogs lately and thought it would be fun--so here are the instructions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you can remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one I remember about you.
12 comments:
Hi guys,
It was very good to see while you were here. Your kids look so cute I wish we could have seen them. Yes we are on a roller coaster he's still intubated so who knows when we go home he's making all the calls. I told everyone he obviously is not ready to go back to heavenly father yet. love you jody
I LOVE that Live Laugh Love thing. It's so cute!!! So I have a memory for you. It's back when I first started working on West 6 and I didn't know you very well. I was house-sitting for Ted with Jody. We all decided to go to Wendover. I remember thinking that you probably thought I was the devil because I was drunk and snoring like a bear in hibernation, and hearing you swear for the first time when you got a ticket leaving Wendover and hoping that I wouldn't vomit on your car because a string of profanities was sure to flow from your mouth if that happened!!!! PS I finished the book and I can't wait to talk to you. Amazing!!!! I'll call you after I wake up and before I go to work again tomorrow!!!!!
TaiPan is the BEST EVER!!!! I wish so bad they would get one here! But then again it is probably a good thing they don't have one. You got so many cute things in Utah. I have to say I am not a huge fan of IKEA BUT that table is so cute!!!!
I remember when I first moved here and was over at Autumns and you came over..you and Autumn were the cutest and I was so and still am THANKFUL that you guys are here in Iowa! AND I remember getting lucky bowling and kicking all your butts!!!
look at you and all your craftiness! :) Gotta love IKEA and I was so bummed I didn't make it to Gardner Village while there...well I did for a photo session but didn't get to go in my stores there...SAD!!
The table looks great and I love the bench.
So we need to get together....
Ummm memory...remember that one time in Relief Society when a certain someone was teaching and a comment regarding SNL was made and we both were trying so hard not to laugh? LOVE IT!
Cute table, I love that you painted it. We went to IKEA while we were in Utah too, what a fun store.
I also have already found some thing on the abc website. They have cute stuff too.
Thanks for the ideas.
Favorite memory of our time together is the day we spent in Jackson canoeing on Jenny Lake, eating at 'Bubbas' and walking the streets shopping and eating the candy we purchased at the candy store. GREAT TIMES !! Miss you little Morris family and the mountains miss Hunter.
I LOVE the paint-job on the table! How cute it looks now....ummm I'm a little jealous I must admit! I will so let you know when your bench gets here!
My very first memory of you was when we were all going to Rob's homecoming. Steve wasn't even home from his mission yet and Scott and I had just begun dating! CRAZY! But I remember your black dress, you brought a present for Margaret and were so cute! (I did notice the lack of mascara you wore that day too!) Scott told me after that day that he was so glad you made the decisions you did to wait for Steve. He said he could only hope to one day have what you gave to his brother!!!!!! :) (Sweet huh?)
Anyway, I'm pretty sure we're going to be the only girls married into the Morris fam for awhile, so the memories are just going to keep comin'!
I love all of finds in Utah! So cute!
I have many memories of the fun times on West 6. Walking the stairs, talking and trying to make our job as fun as possible! I also remember when you told me that you were pregnant with Hunter! You were SO excited and it was awesome to see. It was fun to see him once he was born. Sure do miss you!
I love all the crafty things you got here! Next time you come you have to go to Rod works in Layton,I LOVE that palce.
A memory i have was when i was VERY prego and it was my 2nd to last shift and i was sitting at the computer in the med room and you ask me how things were and i just started to cry!I remember you were so nice, i am sure you thought i was a mess though, I was bit emotional, that shift ended up being the last one, it was ruff working that WHOLE 40 weeks!
k so i'm a nerd and made a discussion blog for breaking dawn....come and give me your opinion...invite your friends who have opinions about the book as well to come over and join in the fun!
http://www.readitdiscussit.blogspot.com/
Hi Oh! How is life back in IOWA?! I bet you were glad to be in your own beds! I'll have to hear how the whole trip and drive back went soon!
k-the memory thing-well it would probably take like 50 pages, being that I have some of the best and funniest memories with you: but I will humor you and give you a litte taste, using just words, see if the memories come flooding back:
{yes master, masks, oakridge parking lot dancing, 82 buick, 3 way calling, handcuffs, various meat chunks, st george spring break, health oc., every dance in highschool pretty much, olive garden when I told you I was pregnant, the call when you found out you were pregnant with Hunter, our weddings, oh the list could go on and on Andrea-I love you dearly and am so glad you are one of my very best friends!
oh, my Breaking Dawn should be here today, it is killing me. It is our Anniversary today so I won't get started till tomorrow. I'll give you a call when I finish it!
Post a Comment