I don't know why until just now, I hadn't thought of introducing Tanner to the wonderful food that is.... Spaghetti. The pictures say it all--he loved it!
Hunter has a bit of an obsession for farm/construction type equipment as of late. Namely tractors, dump trucks, diggers and steamrollers. The funniest one to me is the garbage truck fascination. When we were in Utah this summer his great grandma Stewart bought him a mini garbage truck. And to be honest it hasn't left his side since. Every Friday is garbage day at our house, and every single Friday at around 12:00pm-- you will find Hunter sitting on the chair looking out the window anxiously awaiting the arrival of the garbage truck. He literally is fascinated by them, and has his mini garbage truck right by his side as he watches the garbage being emptied into the real truck each week. Maybe there is a future in "Environmental Services and Waste Management" for my little Hunter.... hmmm????
Seriously what a cheese that Hunter is with his smile. Could he possibly look any happier with his garbage truck and new digger?????
This past Friday Steve and I did something we have never done before!! We dropped the kids off at the "Parent's Night Out" at the local YMCA and went out on a date! One Friday night a month at the YMCA-- they have child watch services for 3 whole hours. I was really freaking out a half hour before I had to drop both of them off, because I have only ever left them with close friends before now (literally I had a panic attack!) And you may be asking... what kind of crappy mother drops their sick kids off to be babysat by strangers??? Well somewhat to my credit the boys surprisingly appeared to be feeling much better than earlier in the week, and were both fever and runny nose free. Well--they both survived and so did I. We ended up picking them up 30 min. early and interestingly enough--neither one of them seemed to have noticed we had even been gone. No tears kicking or screaming in sued--just two little boys having a good time at the local YMCA.
PS: Texas Roadhouse is awesome!! I could eat those divine hot rolls with that cinnamon apple butter all day long! So thanks YMCA for watching our boys-- so Steve and I could go out on a much needed date!
15 comments:
NO WAY it's been a year...that went by so fast!!
I was hesitant about the ymca date night thing...you'll have to tell me more about it soon.
glad to hear all the boys are feeling better. I hope you don't get it...
Annie keep the pictures coming. Tannoriffic and spaghetti what a combo. Hunter appears like he is in that cheesy fake smile mode lately.One thing is for sure he likes his trucks. Grandma will get a kick out of knowing that; I will have to tell her.
Let's all stay healthy now so when you come to Utah we can play...
Love you all.
Craig and I LOVE texas Roadhouse! So does Bailey I will not lie! Speaking of BAiley she adores garbage trucks too! I think she puts them up on a pedastal like firetrucks and police cars. I really think that she would love to be a garbage man!
Shan
Glad you guys had a fun date. I love Texas Roadhouse...just don't go there on your birthday, you have to sit on a saddle and someones yells that you are turning (they make up the age)and then sing.
I can't believe Tanner is a year almost. I love the spagetti pictures, they are adorable. I have to agree, Texas Roadhouse has the best rolls. I have to take some home with me everytime we go there. Hunter doesn't look like a little baby anymore, he looks really grown-up.
your kids are so cute. I love the pictures of tanner with the spaghetti. they are too cute.
So, guess what? Since we are stopping in Nauvoo on our way we will be taking the "upper, upper" route to Utah which means we will be driving thru the great city of Des Moines! We will be in a bit of a time crunch, but we could stop for a quick visit, and maybe go out to eat or something? We are planning on getting to Des Moines on Thursday (the 25th) around 4 or 5:00. That is the plan for now, but you never know how our plans might change on the road. But would you guys be interested?
Andrea, I found you from Johanna's blog. You family is so cute. I'm glad you are doing well.
I love those rolls at the Texas Roadhouse! I bet your family loves this blog of yours-love the spaghetti photos!
Your boys are so dang cute! Its a good thing Breckyn and Hunter have decided to marry....Or Breckyn has decided!! Anyway I am glad you guys were able to have a good night out. We will have to try again and hope I don't get sick
I had no idea the ymca did babysitting, it's probably a lot cheaper than getting a babysitter! :) Paying your babysitter $10/hour is being a cheapo here. Can you believe it? That's so awesome that you guys could get out on a date together, that's one of my favorite things :)
Also, I love your little boy's name Hunter. It's my maiden name so I totally love it :) Your boys are so cute!
how fun!!! So I am ready to swap away when you are, you can email me and let me know when would be the best time for you!
Little kids are hilarious because they aspire to be things like the garbage man, or the librarian, or the dump truck driver - its so great. Tanner is adorable those brown eyes are so gorgeous.
The photos of Tanner eating spaghetti are super darling!!!
I love Tanner and Spaghetti!!!! How funny is that little boy? And Hunter....you guys will have to come over on our garbage day because the garbage man honks and waves at Carter....Hunter would go CRAZY!!!!
I love the pictures of Tanner and his spaghetti. That's hilarious!!! I have issues with dirtiness so I haven't let Maddie try that one yet. Not even sure if I've let Logan try that either...sad!! Anyway, Hunter is so funny with his garbage and dump trucks. I still can't get Logan to let go of his Cars character cars. Lightning and Mater are everywhere at our house. So I finally made a new post on our blog!!! I know it had been a while. I had never heard of Texas Roadhouse, but they just built one here in Bountiful. We will have to try it out when it opens. Seriously, Parent night out at the YMCA, I have never heard of that. I wonder if there is a YMCA around here. I'm not sure I could do that though. I would probably have more than a panic attack. I would probably have to be medicated!!
Post a Comment