Wednesday, October 22, 2008

{2 Nemo's and a Birthday Boy}


Since we were able to visit family back in Utah last week, we decided to have a mini birthday party for Tanner with everyone there. I decided to attempt my first Nemo cake and after a few hours of hard labor.....(haha-- it really was a lot of work) I proudly present Tanner's first birthday cake.


I told Steve it was just a "trial run" because he felt really bad he couldn't be there with all of us to celebrate. So hence-- the second Nemo cake below courtesy of Steve this time, since I had had enough of the whole cake decorating thing for one day. We had a great time celebrating in Utah, and Tanner got lots of birthday money and warm winter p.js to come home with. A great big thanks to all our families--We love you so much!!






{Iowa Nemo Birthday}



{I love this pic for several reasons...notice the cute shirt he is wearing "My Aunt Rocks" I totally dig this shirt my sister gave to him. Oh yeah, and did you notice the gi-normous Nemo on his head???? Adorable.}


{Wait...do I still have a huge fish on my head????}


We decided to take the boys out to eat at Applebee's. SCORE for mom, because I really didn't want to have to make dinner tonight. And then we came home to open up a few presents and YEP.....you guessed it, devour yet another Nemo cake.






It was a very Happy 1st Birthday for our Tanner indeed!

15 comments:

Debbi said...

What an awesome job on the cake! I want to hire you! I love first birthday cake pictures, they are always some of my favorite

Sarah said...

Such a cute cake! You've got some skills, girl! :) That is so fun that you could celebrate with family in Utah as well. It looks like a perfect first birthday!

Brittany said...

Hi Andrea! I have been blog-stalking you for a while now, and yes I finally caved in a made a blog. I obviously don't know what I am doing. You have the cutest family ever and I can't believe how fast they are growing! Next time you come to UT, you better call me for the W6 reunion!

{Erica} said...

That's a pretty sweet cake (both of them). I can't belive he's one! He sure is a cutie and the sweetest little boy!

allison said...

That cake is so cute. I thought you bought it. I love the pictures especially the ones with the Nemo had. :)

Sarah Hastings said...

I am so impressed with the cake! I can't believe you did that all by yourself, awesome! looks like he had fun, i can't believe how big he is!

The Halls said...

It turned out amazing!!!! Good job! Happy B-Day Tanner man!!! You are so talented!!

Jewels said...

I'm so glad it finally worked Andrea!! Okay, that is the most darling cake I have ever seen! Have you ever seen the live Finding Nemo Show in Florida's Animal Kingdom? Someday you will have to go-your boys would LOVE it! You are so talented and crafty, I will get lots of good ideas from your blog!! Your boys are absolutely darling! Have a great weekend!

Mackay Family said...

Are you for real? Maybe you should go into business! That cake is amazing! Love the Nemo hat and that Hunter is right there beside his brother, so cute!

Azure said...

Okay, that Nemo cake is freaking awesome!!! I would hire you if you lived in Utah. He looks so cute in that hat too. I can't believe he is already one year old!!! One more week and Maddie is one as well. Where does the time go? And by the way, don't feel bad about giving me a hard time about being a blog slacker. I needed to post something. Thanks for the advice!!! Every bit is helpful!!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! LOVE the cake and the Nemo hat! I need to get Derek a hat like that, he LOVES Nemo!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I'm seriously impressed about the cakes guys! I do have to admit that the first one is the CUTEST! but way to go on both of them. I can't believe Tanner's a year already! I'm so glad we did a little party here too because now I've been to both of my nephew's 1st birthdays.

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie, Where did you get the nemo hat . . .it is so cute!! Now don't tell Steve this but I think your cake was the best. The pictures are so dang cute I love them but they make me sad also cause it reminds me of the amazing time we had with you and the boys. We sure do love and miss you guys !!

Sartori Fam said...

Happy birthday Tanner! What a cute cake! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great first birthday. Love the cake.That looks like a ton of work but way worth it. So Adorable. I can't believe he is 1 man time flies!