I don't think we could have possibly packed anymore "Halloween-y" type activities into this past weekend. It was definitely full of lots of fun and it just made me realize even more, how much I love Halloween. {Have I ever mentioned that little tidbit before????}
It all began on Friday night-- at Night Eyes at Blank Park Zoo. This is the third year that we have gone, and I am so sad to think it was probably our last. This was really the first year that Hunter actually "got" the whole trick-or-treating phenomenon, and it was so fun to watch him get so excited about dressing up and saying "Trick-or- treat" to the people giving out candy.
Was there ever a question as to what my son wanted to dress up for Halloween as this year????
Hmm....lets see a dragon maybe??
**Good Times at Night Eyes**
Then Saturday we took the boys to the Howell Farm pumpkin patch. We rode a tractor out to the pumpkin fields, and picked out the perfect small pumpkin to come home with. Unfortunately Hunter was feeling pretty sick that day {picture being woken up at 3am to discover he had thrown up everywhere--nice!} He seemed to be feeling better that morning, so we decided to go. Poor kid, at least he had fun riding on the tractor and playing with his friends for a little while.
And then finally Sunday came.... and oh so lucky me got Hunter's stomach flu! Soooooo fun waking up in the middle of the night puking. awesome! And sadly it has just gotten progressively worse throughout the whole day. yuck! So I guess we were all a little worn out from such a busy weekend, but fortunately Steve was home to take over-- and he took such good care of the boys and whiny old me for that matter. I know I take for granted everyday my health, so when you are stricken down with something as "trivial" as the stomach flu or a head cold-- it really has made me appreciate the blessings of good health. So hopefully I will be feeling much better tomorrow! We have a pretty busy week ahead--that is full of preschool Halloween parties, trunk-or-treats, carving pumpkins, and making yummy sugar cookies and chex mix. So pretty sure I am going to go collapse in my bed right now.... and am just hoping to wake up in the morning-- to to be a "functioning" mom again!
And lastly-- I discovered this fun new nail polish just in time for Halloween! LOVE IT!
{Baby it's "Coal" Outside} It even has a little glittery effect.

12 comments:
How fun Annie! Not so fun with the throwing up...but you got some great family pics this time too! Hunter's costume is way cute and cute Tanner...he's bigger than Carter was last year as the chicken!
What fun festivities! I love the costumes! So fun!-can't wait for Halloween!
Have I told you that your blog is one of my favorites to check. You always have something going on and interesting things to see. You're definitely an inspiration to me. I love the costumes. Halloween is so much fun.
totally sucks that you got sick! I hope you're feeling better. do you need anything?
i will send you the picture from the patch later on today. the one you have on this post is super cute!
i love love love that nail polish. kristan gave it to me and I dig it :)
So sorry that you got sick, but it looks like you had so much fun with all of the Halloween activities. Your boys costumes are so dang cute.
I also must say that you made quite impressive Nemo cakes!!
So fun! What an awesome Halloween weekend, well except for getting sick! That stinks! I hope you're feeling better soon! But all of your outings look perfect :) You are such a cute little family and I love your boy's costumes. And that nail polish is awesome!
I've also been meaning to ask you, did you make that adorable little bag you sent me? It is so cute and the other day I was looking at it and it occurred to me that you probably made it since you're so cute!!
I can't believe that Hunter was a dragon for Halloween. Shocker!!! You guys are always doing such fun things. I should be a better mom, like you! I am never motivated to go do anything. So sorry to hear about the flu. Logan has had it on and off for about 3 weeks and I am so sick of it!! Hope you feel better.
SO fun! You are the cutest mom! I LOVE Tanners chicken outfit, I need one for Jett!
My favorite part about the dragon costume (cause Drew's a dragon too) is the backside! I love looking at the plump behind that costume gives the boys!
About beggars night, the family fun part starts at 5:30, so I think we'll try and go around that time. We should meet up by Jimmy Johns or something.
Hope you're feeling better today. Still need to find Doug some leggings. If not, he'll be in tights!!! :)
I love all the fall activities! You're boys looks so cute in their costumes!
You guys are always doing fun things! Love the Halloween costumes. No costumes for you and Steve?? Hope that everyone is feeling better in your house!
Hey missy love Hunter's dragon costume! I just love our little stinkers!! Ha Ha!!! I am glad you are feeling better your pic's from the patch turned out so cute I am glad you finally got a picture in front of the Corn!!!!
Post a Comment