Wednesday, October 22, 2008

{our ONE-derful boy}


I know everyone always says this about their own kids, but I really can't believe my Tanner bug turned ONE year old today. Time has literally flown by... and now I am the mother of two beautiful brown-eyed boys. Tanner has been such a blessing to our family since the moment he was born.

I woke up bright and early the morning of October 22, 2007 and headed to Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. I was induced one week early-- and it was a good thing I had him when I did, because Tanner weighed a whopping 9 lbs. when he was born. His sweet happy spirit has brought such a love, joy and incredible peace to our home, that we have been so grateful for. When I go into his room each morning, and get him out of his crib, that beautiful smiling face of his--is what greets me every single day. What more can I say....I love this kid!

These are just a few of my favorite pics of Tanner over this past year!

{"Tigger Tanner" first Halloween}

{Tanner the Easter bunny}

{What a goof!}

{Beautiful brown-eyed boy}

{"Mr. Happy"}

{My handsome Tanner bug}




So Happy Birthday to my ONE-derful Tanner! We had a little birthday party for him when we were out visiting in Utah last week, and today we have a bit of celebrating to do with our little man. So I will have lots more fun pics to post later.


To be continued..........

11 comments:

Darren and Jody said...

Happy B-day Tanner you cute boy!

Janae said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!!!

Chris & Missy said...

It's crazy how fast time goes by. I am so glad that you posted all of those pictures of Tanner. He is such a beautiful baby. Hopefully he will have a very Happy Birthday today!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I miss you guys so much already! Cute Tanner...it's almost been a year since we drove through the night to visit you guys! I can't believe it!

Happy Birthday my favorite one year old!

allison said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! Andrea it seem like just yesterday when you told us you were pregnant with him. He is so smilie, what a darling little boy.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Little Tanner Bug! So fun to see you Andrea and your cute boys! Love you!

Janae said...

Yep, I should always remember Tanner's birthday! I hope it is a fun one for him. I love the first birthdays they are always so fun.

Your background is way cute too. Sometimes I grab mine off the cutestblogontheblock, but with most (like the one i have now) I actually just make my own. :)

We miss you tons, I hope we get to see you guys again soon!

Craig&Shannon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER!! Looking good little guy!
Craig & Shannon

Sarah said...

Happy First Birthday!! I think time goes by twice as fast with the second one, it'll probably get faster with each kid! It's way too fast. I hope you guys have fun celebrating! :)

Scott and Angie said...

Happy Birthday! Wow ONE, what a big boy, now! Have a fun day.

Mackay Family said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! He is adorable. It is crazy how fast they grow up!