Wednesday, May 27, 2009

{grandma morris}


Steve's mom came out for a visit this past weekend. The boys loved all of the attention of course, and we loved spending some time with her--watching Harry Potter, baking cookies, eating at our favorite restaurant-- Texas Roadhouse, going to the mall and just relaxing .....so here are just a few things we did while Grandma Morris was here.

We went to the downtown Farmer's Market--which was so fun! I love the Farmer's Market here in Des Moines. We were sure to get some fresh apples, asparagus, fresh baked bread and strawberries. And then on to the junk food. Cupcakes, kettle corn and pastries. I also got a new apron that is super cute. The weather was perfect that day and we had a great time.

{as you can see, Tanner was worn out from our little excursion}

Then we spent a day at the "beach" aka Raccoon River Park. Tanner had fun eating the sand while Hunter and grandma played in the water.



Silly brothers in their matching outfits from grandma.

**Goodbye grandma Morris! We will be seeing you soon**

PS:
If you just so happened to be craving some delicious peanut butter cookies....I found the perfect recipe. Chewy and soft with just the right amount of peanut buttery goodness. Click {here} for the recipe. Oh yeah, and it doesn't hurt that we dipped a few in Hershey's chocolate either.....YUM!!

6 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Those cookies look delicious! Now that I am craving them I might have to make them tomorrow. I want to see your apron...that is my latest obsession! Glad that you guys had a fun weekend with Grandma Morris! Are you going to miss all the fun things that you do in Iowa? You have found so many fun things to do!

Unknown said...

So fun, I love all the photos!!! How fun that your boys could spend some time with their Grandma Morris!!!

Shane and Jill said...

I love Texas Roadhouse too, but I haven't eaten there since we actually lived in Texas, so I am going to have to go to the one here sometime. Do they still have the yummy rolls with honey butter? Too bad I don't drink black tea anymore, because their sweet tea was so good too! We should get together sometime before you guys leave...I also have a thank you card that I need to get to you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I always read all the things you are doing and think I want to join her family. Love the light bulb thought. Thanks for the handouts.

Sarah said...

You guys get so many visitors! That is so fun. And those cookies look absolutely delicious, I think I'll be dipping my peanut butter cookies in chocolate the next time I make them! :)

Kate said...

Thanks for the wonderful recipe. What a great way to use up my WIC peanut butter and eggs!