Saturday, July 25, 2009

{goodbye}

The time has come.....to say goodbye! Wow...I can't believe that 3 years has come to an end. So many wonderful memories to reflect back on. So many in fact, that it got me thinking---what is it, that we will miss the most about our lovely corn country state: that is Iowa?? Could it be the downtown Farmer's Market? Or perhaps the Iowa State Fair? (Those fried Twinkies and fried Snicker's bars are truly something, that must be tried once.) And then never again! I have to give a shout out to the annual butter cow sculpture that is made each year and put on display (what a site to behold) I must admit, I am a bit partial to the Pella Tulip Festival (mainly for the Dutch food.)

The many days spent at Raccoon River park, Jordan Creek mall, or our trips to QT gas station to get our Diet Cokes and bug juice for Hunter. Sunday drives to Holmes Honda dealership, were also a family tradition. (That would be Steve's idea of a good time, so we went along for the ride.) The pumpkin patch and hayrides were definitely a favorite of mine as well. Swimming at the Aquatic Center with the boys was so much fun too (minus the subsquent sunburns that followed.)

But, one of my absolute favorite traditions, was taking the boys trick-or-treating at Night Eyes for Halloween. So many fun memories to reflect back on. Maybe it will be the corn that will be missed the most. Mmm....that mouthwatering, delicious Iowa sweet corn will definitely be missed.

I can't leave without acknowledging the humidity, or the below freezing temperatures, severe weather, lightening storms, flooding, and a personal favorite of mine over the years, has been those super cool tornado sirens that go off in the middle of the night-- and completely freak you out. "Taking cover" in your closet is always good times for the whole family! Umm...that will more than likely not be missed.


Although a lot of these memories have been very memorable and lots of fun--- what will be missed the most here in Iowa is our amazing......


friends.

The Girls
{Don't feel left out if you aren't pictured here! I have made so many wonderful friends over these past years, and please know you all have had a huge impact on my life!}



And then there are.....

The Guys



And of course, I can't leave out the......


The kids


Thank you! From the bottom of my heart.... for all of the love and kindness you have shown our family. Sunday dinners with friends, play dates at the park, game nights, celebrating holidays together, trips to the zoo, science center, Utes games, movie nights, pizza nights---the list could literally go on and on! I have learned so much from each and every one of you, and in very different ways I must say. I have been surrounded by such inspiring, talented, beautiful, generous, and uplifting friends over these past 3 years. And can only say, that you have inspired me to be a better person because of it. So, thank you for being our families away from "home." Know that you had a great impact on each of our lives, and you will be greatly missed by the Morris Clan.

PS: T-minus 5 days until the boys and I make the drive back to Utah. Obviously I have a lot to do from now until then....so wish me luck. And.... that I don't lose my mind. (It could happen!)


So until then.......

7 comments:

Susan said...

Good Luck Andrea. I know it must be hard to say goodbye to all your wonderful friends back there. But at least you're coming BACK here!

Cassie said...

Good luck with everything guys! It was good getting to know you guys and sad that our ward split so early! Good luck with all your endeavors!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures and it made me really sad to actually let myself think about you leaving. I've tried to push it to the back of my mind but this post made me realize how soon it is. I can remember meeting you at church our first Sunday here and we have hit it off ever since. (the same goes for Joseph and Steve) I remember leaving church that Sunday and Joseph and I saying how we thought we could be really good friends... and wua-la WE ARE!! You guys are the best and you will truly be missed. I could go on and on but we'll talk at dinner this week. Love you lots and I'm so glad I know you because you are such an inspiration to me to be a kind, generous, and loving friend.

Debbi said...

I can't believe it! That seems crazy you are leaving, I hope everything with packing and moving goes well! When do you start your new job?

Megan and Shawn said...

I'm sad, but also happy because you'll be closer to us now!!! Leaving is the worst... it really is, but hopefully through the magic of blogging we'll always be able to keep tabs on each other. Good luck with the move and drive. Talk to you soon.

Sarah said...

Oh, goodbyes are so hard! I hope that everything went well with the move! Good luck with everything and adjusting to the new place, job etc. So exciting and sad at the same time!

Also, I got the pool after the summer last year on Target's clearance rack for $7. They have them again this year for $40 full price but I am sure they will be on clearance again. You should totally look for one and pick it up for next summer, we have loved ours :)

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU!!