Monday, February 8, 2010

{happy birthday....ipod valentines}



This weekend we celebrated Steve's 29th Birthday! We literally had a three day weekend--packed full of birthday festivities.


First up...we went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant!


Just the two of us, which was quite nice.

Could anything possibly be more delicious than Texas Roadhouses' rolls with cinnamon butter??? I think not!

Then on Saturday we went out to dinner again with Steve's whole family to Goodwood. Which was also excellent. Especially if you enjoy a good BBQ.


Steve's wonderfully fantastic grandma also made him his favorite chocolate cake for his birthday!


And it was delicious!


Then we all went to Fat Cats after dinner, and enjoyed a little arcade action!!



It was very crowded, and very loud...but oh so fun!!



Then today.....it being Super Bowl Sunday and all, we had yet again another party! And another cake of course.



What would a 29th birthday be....without an Oreo blizzard icecream cake from Dairy Queen??



I just wanted to wish Steve a very Happy 29th Birthday! I couldn't imagine traveling down this journey called life, with anyone else. There is no one that knows me better, understands me better, and gets me better than Steve. He is truly an amazing father to our boys, and is the hardest working guy I know. What more can I say....I love you babe!!



I had to end by sharing my ipod Valentines! For Hunter's preschool this week, he needed to bring Valentine's for his whole class. So my sister, had this sweet idea to make ipods out of sweetheart boxes! They are super easy to make. A bit time consuming, but only because I had to make 20 of them. And then on the back of the ipod, I wrote:

"You Rock"
Happy Valentines
From: Hunter






Supplies:

Box of sweethearts, white yarn, Reese's peanut butter cups, and colored paper. I downloaded the ipod front with the 'valentine mix' online, so if you want to make them, here is the {link.}


I would say we definitely had quite the eventful weekend! Good food, good company, good memories!

17 comments:

Raquel said...

Happy Birthday to Steve! Looks like a lot of fun and even more cake! Those Valentine's Ipods are ADORABLE~ fantastic idea!

The Harvey's said...

MMMM CAKE! and P.S. u are freakin mother of the year! IPOD valintines, seriously? WAY CUTE! way to go Martha Stuart! Will you send me the link for the printout? Maybe next year I will try that!

allison said...

Happy Birthday Steve!!!!
Hope you had a great one.
Love the Spjuts

Anonymous said...

those valentine's are adorable and my kids would totally get a kick out of them. too bad i'm too lazy, but maybe, just maybe i'll get crazy and try to make three of them... =) you look beautiful in that picture with you and Tanner... miss you!

Mackay Family said...

Happy Birthday Steve! Those are the cutest Valentines I think I have ever seen!!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE those valentines! They are so cute, and look like a lot of work! I bet Hunter was so excited to take those to school. I am way too lazy to do that! haha

Ashley and Devan said...

LOVE the valentines. Oh my! If Christie isn't stealing this idea for preschool I totally am. So cute!

Megan and Shawn said...

How creative! I love it, and wish I would have looked two days ago before I went for the WalMart package of valentines! Oh well... maybe we'll make an I-Pad next year:)

Brooke said...

Those are the CUTEST valentines I have ever seen! I'm going to save that idea, love it!!

Chris & Missy said...

Happy Birthday Steve!! Looks like you guys ate very well. I love Texas Roadhouse. And Steve's grandma's cake is amazing!! (I took the recipe from ya last year). Hope all es well!

The Allred Family said...

Those Ipods are adorable. You never cease to amaze me. I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you here.

Lisa said...

Andrea, those valentine iPods are adorable!!!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I'm so glad we all got to spend Steve's birthday together! So fun to have the cousins play at Fat Cats and watch the Ifly!

The Valentines were adorable!!!

Craig&Shannon said...

Wow.. those IPODS are incredible.. I think I am going to turn on the Food network someday and see your smiling face with all your freakin cute ideas!
Happy 29th Steve! Make the last year of your twenties.. CRAZY!

Brooke Hargett said...

Andrea! You are soooo creative! I loved the Ipod valentines idea! Happy b-day to your hubby as well!

James and Jessica Ford said...

ooh my gosh. tell me everything. Where are you living? What is Steve doing for residency? What is going on. I didn't even know you left Iowa. What the heck? Last time I tried to get on your blog it wouldn't let me...so I am so excited to see you guys. Help! I am dying to know what is going on. I loved tat time. I am waiting anxiously for the news! It's so fun.

Tara said...

Look how freakin creative you are with the valentines!! Such a good mom!