Monday, April 5, 2010

{easter}



My sweet little Easter boys


I absolutely love this picture





This past weekend was full of Easter celebration!! I have felt so blessed, to be surrounded by so much of our friends and family this year! I know the boys have loved spending time with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. It has been a little bitter/sweet for me, because I know the next three years will be very different than this year was. But nonetheless, I am grateful and feel truly blessed to have celebrated this wonderful holiday with those I love.







For FHE we talked a little bit more in depth about the Resurrection and Jesus, and the reason that we really celebrate Easter. I kept the pictures taped up on the our wall, so the kids (mainly Hunter) could be reminded of this, as we also celebrated the holiday with egg hunts and Easter baskets.




Easter morning!



Our tradition of making and decorating sugar cookies.



Dyeing of the eggs.

Easter baskets






This weekend we also celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday and had a great party at cousin Carter's house. My awesome sister-in-law made these adorable baskets for each of the boys and we had a big Easter egg hunt outside.

These boys just love each other so much!




This was the darling birthday cake Christie made for my mother-in-law! Since neither one of us have girls, she thought it would be fun to have a barbie cake!



Me and my handsome little dude.



I hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well. I just wanted to end by sharing a conference talk that I have been thinking about a lot lately. In light of some really big changes that lie ahead for our family, I have been struggling a bit to stay positive and happy! Life has been so busy and seems to always be a bit chaotic for us, but I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, who hears and answers my prayers. Click {here} for Pres. Monson's talk from Oct 2008-- Finding Joy in the Journey.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a wonderful Easter! It looks like so much fun. The picture of your whole family is so cute. And I can't believe what best little buds your boys look like they are. My girls are friends one minute and mortal enemies the next. Boys are so much less drama! :)

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Those outfits on teh boys are so cute Annie! The cousins really do love each other.

I'm so glad you guys were here this year for Easter...looks like a few more holidays without you before you finally get to be home for good.