Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{first day of school and big boy pants}

This year at the very last minute, I decided to enroll Tanner in a preschool program. I realized that with Hunter going to Kindergarten all day long, Tanner would greatly benefit from some of the socialization and structure that preschool has to offer. Tanner is going to the same preschool that Hunter did for 2 years, and all I can say is that I am in love with this school and the teachers that care so much to make it such a positive experience for all.





So thus-- the backpack that Hunter had used for the past 3 years was handed down to his little brother. And Tanner couldn't have been more excited to take on his big brother's backpack!




You can tell he thinks he is pretty dang cool!



What a handsome little guy.


Mr. Attitude!


This is just outside his classroom. I love the face he is giving me in this pic. Its like-- Okay mom, enough already, let me do my thing! And he did. I dropped him off, and while all of the other 2 year olds were crying when their mom's left, mine just headed straight over to the trains and never looked back!



So the dreaded time has finally come--Potty Training!!


Yesterday I decided that it was time I sucked it up, and got this show on the road. Hunter actually caught on pretty quick to the idea, and it wasn't to difficult of a feat to tackle. For some reason I had suspicions that Tanner would be significantly more challenging. Well, the little critter proved me wrong. I would deem "Day One" a sweeping success. He was so proud of himself for using his big boy potty and getting to wear his superhero underwear--that no additional 'rewards' were necessary! I just hope his enthusiasm continues.



We are so proud of our big boy Tanner!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for preschool finally starting! :) I think it's so fun for the little siblings to get to go to school like their big siblings :) And hooray for potty training going so well! That is fantastic!!