
I just joined a recipe exchange blog, and wanted to share my latest recipe! I am a big fan of apples--and I found this awesome apple crisp recipe ! I don't usually eat apple crisp very often, but this recipe is just too good! I made it this past weekend, and sadly it is already all gone!
The key to making this dessert perfect---- is using a wide variety of apples. I used:
Granny Smith
Golden Delicious
Gala
Johnny Gold
Golden Delicious
Gala
Johnny Gold
10 cups of apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
1 T. flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2/3 cup of water
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 T. flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2/3 cup of water
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 T. flour, and cinnamon and nutmeg together, and sprinkle over the apples. Pour water evenly over all. Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees (covered) for about 50 min or until top is golden brown.
Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 T. flour, and cinnamon and nutmeg together, and sprinkle over the apples. Pour water evenly over all. Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees (covered) for about 50 min or until top is golden brown.
If you want to check out the recipe blog, here is the site: {recipe exchange}
3 comments:
That looks delicious! I love apple crisp and I have never thought to use more than one type of apple. Thanks for the great idea! :)
I love stalking the recipe blogs. I look at about 6-8 of them almost daily...not that I cook or anything, but I still like to look at them!
How fun Annie...I might just try this one out! We're huge apple fans in our house!
Post a Comment