Sunday, October 16, 2011

{oh baby}

{12 weeks}





I am filled with such joy and happiness when I look at this picture above. To say that we are over the moon excited to have another little baby join our family is an understatement. What gets me the most excited I think, is seeing the joy in my kids' faces, when they talk about getting a new little brother or sister next Spring. (April 21st to be exact.)



I have been feeling pretty good over these past few weeks, aside from the 1st trimester fatigue and exhaustion--I have felt great. Really my only "real" complaint is that I had about a 3 week period from about 7-10 weeks, where I had major aversions to almost all foods. I got extremely queasy even thinking about food, or preparing food for that matter. And then one morning, it just magically went away. Kind of strange for me, since I never had that experience with my previous two.



And oddly enough, the only lingering aversion from that 3 week period of time, is a MAJOR aversion and STRONG distaste to my once beloved beverage of choice--Diet Coke or my favorite which (is/was) diet Dr. Pepper! How weird is that?! Something that I would look forward to almost everyday--and brought me much happiness (sad, but true) now literally makes me want to throw up even thinking about it. I know, I know I shouldn't even be drinking caffeinated drinks during pregnancy in the first place--so I "suppose" it is for the best right?


I just wonder if my love for cola will ever come back?? But the one thing I know for sure.....


is that my LOVE for this growing little baby of mine--is here to stay!!


7 comments:

Susan said...

the same thing happened to me with Dr. Pepper on my last pregnancy! I drink diet pepsi now, although there are days it still makes me nauseated. Congrats again!

Megan and Shawn said...

YAY! We're so excited for you guys.

Stokes Folks said...

Wahoo!! Congrats!!!

Anne-Marie said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you even more now!

Sarah said...

I am so happy and oh so excited for you guys. I'm totally going to guess it's a girl with your weird aversions to things. I felt like weirder things like that happened with my girls... but you never know ;) I have thought I was having a boy every time and was only right once :) I'm sorry about your loss of diet coke and dr pepper! Who knows, maybe right after you have this baby you'll be sending Steve to the nearest gas station to bring you like a 44 oz one ;)

So excited for you!! :)

J and C said...

Congrats! Spring is a wonderful tiem to have a baby! Orso I'm told, I have every season but! Praying for a healthy happy little one, and with my last babe I totally could not handle oj, and I love it. BUT, right after delivery, I asked for oj and drank about a gallon! No joke. Your addictions will come back....don't worry :o)

Choi Chatter said...

Congratulations!!! How EXCITING! You are such an AWESOME mom and I'm happy for you. I do have to say I'm somewhat mourning for your loss of the love for the nectar of the gods..Diet Coke. Miss you1!