Friday, January 4, 2008

{Iowa Caucus}


Every once in awhile.... there are some cool advantages to living in the state of Iowa--and last night I had the chance to take part in one of them! The much anticipated Iowa Caucus was held yesterday and I made sure that I was there to participate. Even more exciting was a very quick appearance by a very impressive candidate! None other than Mitt Romney himself made an entrance about 30 minutes before the voting began. I literally pushed my way through the huge swarming crowd to get this picture with him.

The district I belong to had the voting take place at the local Waukee high school, and all I can say is Wow!! The organizers said that the turnout was 10 times bigger than they had expected so needless to say the place was crammed with anxious voters, and it was a bit chaotic, but it was still cool to be there.

I was also surprised to see a familiar face from Utah there...I was able to meet Senator Bob Bennett as well. I was very impressed at how gracious both he and Mitt Romney were to greet voters, and to take a few quick pictures and shake my hand.

All in all it was a very cool experience to be a part of--and I am grateful to have been there!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I am soo jealous!!!! He went to valley high school too and the Dance's got some pictures with him, but I still haven't! I am so sad, I missed my picture when he came to DMU as well! He took Kiasa's and then left and I was next in line! I think it was a huge turn out everywhere last night and I think you are right, the race isn't over yet!

{Erica} said...

So cool that you got a picture of Mitt and you! AwesomE! Way to go out and use your voice/vote!

Jamie said...

Brian would be so jealous. He loves this kind of stuff! He did however watch some of it on C-span.
I'm almost finished with book 3 about 2oo pages left! Talk to you soon!