Wednesday, March 12, 2008

{raccoons dragons and horses....}

Yeah...pretty random title I know-- but we have been SO busy this past week that I have been out of the "blogging world" for awhile-- so I thought I would catch up on a few of our latest activities! First of all, I just have to say I am literally dying for Spring Break to get here NOW...because our little family is in desperate need of a vacation!! There has been far too much stress and craziness around the Morris household--that we are all ready to just take a break! We are planning a trip to Chicago and I am super excited to go somewhere I have never been before and just spend some good quality time together. Ok so moving on....RACCOONS right??
I took Hunter to the Waukee City library yesterday for story time. This was only the second time we had been, and apparently we have been missing out on a lot of fun! They had an awesome story reader that read 3 fun books all about raccoons, and then after singing songs and sitting on their little mats so well, the kids got to make their very own "raccoons!" I really liked this activity for Hunter to do, because it really helps him to learn how to sit still, and by watching the bigger kids around him being quiet and good--is great!

Uhhh...DRAGONS next!! For Hunter's birthday he got this awesome dragon from IKEA from grandma and grandpa Morris that he literally has been attached to ever since he opened it up. He sleeps with it every night, and has to make sure it is in every room he goes into. It just makes me laugh because this morning he even tried to bring it in the bathroom while he went potty. He calls it "donk" and they are now the best of friends!


And lastly--HORSES!!! One of Hunter's favorite things to do is play "horsey" with his dad when he gets home from school at night. He jumps on Steve's back and rides around the house yelling "horsey horsey daddy!!" So needless to say when Hunter was invited to one of his cute friend's birthday parties this week--I knew he would be SO thrilled to actually ride a real horse!! He couldn't get enough of the horses and was completely fascinated by them. What a FUN idea for a birthday party...and we had a great time! So without further adeiu-- here is cowboy Hunter....

9 comments:

{Erica} said...

FUN!! I loved loved loved loved CHICAGO and we're going back soon! Let me know if you have questions about anything there..I can tell you stuff :) Don't forget to have lots of small bills and change in the car for the TON of toll bridges you'll hit along the way. Also stop right before you cross the mississippi (take that exit) and drive right along the river...sooo dang pretty!!

K sorry for the novel...loved the pics of cute mr. hunter!

Azure said...

That dragon is hilarious!!! Sounds like you guys have had lots of fun lately. And more to come. I hope that you enjoy your trip to Chicago. That sounds like it will be so much fun. Vacations are always nice. We are thinking about one later this year. We'll see. Anyway, cute pictures of Hunter!!!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

So, it's about time for a new post lady! (Just kidding, I know it's been crazy on you) but I really am glad to see the new pictures of everything. Hunter is turning into a little man, Annie, he's not my tiny little nephew anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hunter is so cute! I loved the pics. That birthday party with the horses is a really cute idea. Chicago will be tons of fun! I have never been but I heard it is a blast. We are going the first part of June. Fun!

Scott and Angie said...

How fun! Love the dragon, that thing is not little, huh. I bet it is ruff to take that everywhere! I love how they get hooked on one item, and they just have to have it with them all the time! He is so cute. Have fun on your vacation, Scott really likes chicago, he goes every Jan. we are going to disneydand but not till Sept. so it is to far away to get excited, yet!

Jamie said...

How fun that Hunter rode a horse-we loved visiting Chicago-let me know how it goes-remember when we were going to live there? We liked Navy Pier (I think that's the name-and the pizza was good)

Janae said...

Looks like you had a fun week! When is Spring Break? I sure wish we were getting one, we could all use a break too. we'll just have to take a weekend or something. I love that Dragon too! how fun. And I'm glad Hunter had so much fun with the horses!

The Stones said...

He is the cutest thing! You two make darling kids!

The Halls said...

thank you sooo much again for taking breckyn with you guys it was a huge help! the dragon pics are halarious!! so cute!