Thursday, April 17, 2008

{milestones}

My boys are getting so BIG....I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I just realized that Tanner will be 6 months old next week!!! He already is changing so much with each day that goes by. And it sometimes makes me really sad that their grandparents' and family back home aren't able to see these fun mini "milestones" that our kids go through! That is probably 99% of the reason why I do this blog...so at least through pics they can see my kids and what they are up to! Don't get me wrong...Steve and I have actually really grown to LOVE living here in Iowa (ok so maybe not so much this past winter...yuck!) But there are only moments when I get really down, and start missing my family back in Utah! And to make things even more difficult...my kids are the ONLY grandchildren on my side of the family (get busy Erika and Zac--and give me a break would ya) haha j/k!! I don't know if any of you ever have felt this way before--- but since it is raining outside today...and we are most likely spending the day indoors, I have had these thoughts on my mind~~
So I realized with Tanner turning 6 months old this coming week....it was probably time that I started feeding him "solids." So today was the day to begin my baby eating mashed bananas--yum! It didn't really surprise me that he did a great job...and figured out pretty quick that bananas are d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!! So here is my boy eating "real" food for the first time.....

He seemed to be more interested in chewing on his bib at first....silly Tanner!


Also Tanner is now completely transitioned over to a bottle--yeah for me!!! He can even hold it all by himself--geez!!

And lastly today..."random cute pic" of Hunter buddy~~

12 comments:

Debbi said...

What cute boys! Way to go Tanner on both the bottle and the banana's! That is great news and I love his eating the bib picture! It seems crazy to me that your boys are that big!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Yeah for Tanner! He's officially a food eater now! It's sad that we don't get to be with you guys ona weekly basis like before with Hunter, but this blog REALLY makes a huge difference! I love it Annie!

{Erica} said...

such darling boys you guys have! I love the smashed banana all over the face and the puckered lips nice! Glad to hear that he transitioned well. Totaly awesome that he can hold his own bottle!!

I got both your emails...I will get back to when I talk to bret. See you tomorrow...

Janae said...

Man, I can't believe how fast they are growing up. I love your boys, they are so adorable!!! I want to see them. Any plans for visiting UT this summer? I am doing at the end of July. Love you guys!

Shane and Jill said...

I know what you mean about thinking about home on rainy days. I miss my family more than words can say. Luckily, we have a little time this summer to get home and do some hiking and other things. It really looks like Tanner loves those bananas! You guys have cute boys for sure!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures of the boys and where has the time gone with Tanner ?? he is huge! thanks for the invite to the Science Center but Joseph is skipping school to hang out with us so will be hanging out with the fam. if the weather is yucky, which it looks like it will be, we might see you there since there is nothing else to do indoors. talk to you laters!

Celeste Adams said...

Your boys are so cute. I think boys are a lot easier than girls, you are lucky. I totally agree about being away from family. Its hard for them to see all of the fun milestones being so far away.

Jamie said...

They grow too fast! I can't believe he started solids. I bet Tanner is loving his bumbo chair!

The Halls said...

ya for tanner!!!! he looks like he enjoyed his big boy food! thoses boys are so adorable we just love them

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie it's hard to believe the last time we saw Tanner he was 2 months old and now he is eating bananas! I can hardly wait to feed him green beans and see what he does then. We are getting the hot tub cleaned so we can have a swim party when you get here. Love you guys !!

Megan and Shawn said...

Good job Tanner! I loved it when Sam started to eat real food!! It was so much fun! I second the reason for doing the blog when you're so far away from family!

Courtney said...

I know exactly what you mean on the family thing. Drew is the only grandchild on my side as well.

Yay for Tanner and his yummy banana's! Don't you love that more ends up on their face than in their mouths!