Tuesday, April 29, 2008

{rite of passage}



Tonight was the 'Rite of Passage' ceremony at Des Moines University! This ceremony is to signify the transition from the classroom setting-- to the beginning of clinical rotations for medical students. I know how hard Steve has worked over these past years, and the great sacrifice that has been involved. He begins his first clinical rotation in August--and finally get to start seeing patients--yahoo!

Steve receiving his "DMU pin" near the end of the ceremony......

They had all of the 2nd years stand and repeat the "Student Oath:"

Afterwards they had a really nice reception with a buffet for all of the students and their families. Overall it was a wonderful night! I couldn't be prouder of Steve-- and for all of the hard work and dedication he has not only shown in regard to his education, but for his family as well! We LOVE you Steve--way to go!!!

Congratulations Class of 2010!!!

12 comments:

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Congrats Steve! Scott and I wish we could have been there with you guys to celebrate all of your accomplishments! It's only a few short months before you guys can come out to Utah, get away from everything, and see everyone!

Jamie said...

Way to go Doctor Steve! You are awesome-and way to be a great, supportive wife Andrea-you guys are such a great couple!

Anonymous said...

We decided to skip out on this event, but looks like Steve and you had fun. Can you believe that we have been here for two years... crazy! Sometimes I feel like I have been here forever and sometimes it feels like I am still brand new.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Steve!!! That is so awesome! What a great doctor you will make!

Celeste Adams said...

WOW, you are fast at bloggin. It was good to see you guys at the ceremony. I wanted to talk more but I was in a rush to get the kids. Its crazy that we are at the next stage already. It has gone by so fast. You two look so cute!

Janae said...

Hooray for Steve. We are so proud of you and excited for you to be moving to the next step. I know you are going to do a fantastic job with rotations, and you are going to make a terrific doctor. Congratulations. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steve! Congrats on surviving the past two years of med school. I don't know how you guys study as long as you do! Andrea I am loving your necklace that you had on! SUPER cute!

Debbi said...

way to go! woo hooo for 2 years down!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Morris family!! I was looking at the memories picture of you two when Steve got his mission call and the one taken at the ceremony. . . you two look almost the exact same. What a great accomplishment 2 kids and 2 years completed! We are sooo proud of you both.

Craig Wales said...

Steve you are amazing, Congradulations. I dont know how your doing it with the hours you study, and two kids. You must have a great wife who supports you.
Way to go.

Mackay Family said...

Tell Steve congratulations! That is so exciting!

Bullard Family said...

I am so excited for you. I thought 3rd year was so much bettter than the first two. I felt like I saw so much more of Mike. And when he was home he was "home" and not feeling like he had to study all of the time. Half way done..exciting!
Andrea