Monday, April 21, 2008

{water balloons and sprinkles}


It is such a beautiful day outside...slightly overcast but the temp is in the 60s and there is NO wind--yeah!!! It hasn't been this nice outside in awhile. So this afternoon seemed like a perfect time for water balloons!!! This is pretty much one of Hunter's favorite things to do in the summer time. You really can't argue with $1.99 balloons, that have the capability for entertaining a 3 year old for hours. I just wished I had a faster way of filling them up--- but honestly you can't beat the smile on Hunter's face when he pops one :)



On a side note...I just had to post about these delicious little bits of heaven called {sprinkles cupcakes} I had seen them before on Oprah, and knew that there was an actual Sprinkles cupcake bakery where you could buy them, but thanks to my friend {Erica} I was able to try one for myself yesterday!!(And when I say try one...I mean I really ate 3) I guess if you are not a big cupcake lover...you may not really care about a gourmet cupcake. But let me just tell you, that they literally are the BEST cupcakes I have ever had. And even better, YOU to can try them for yourselves'-- because you can buy the Sprinkles mix at Williams Sonoma and bake a little slice of heaven for yourself! Check {here} for the link to the cupcakes!

9 comments:

{Erica} said...

Thanks again for last night..it was so much fun, we'll totally ahve to do it again!

Yeah, so ummm, those sprinkles cupcakes are UBER GOOD aren't they? The buttercream frosting recipe is to die for as well...I swear I ate a whole cup of that stuff while frosting those babies!!

LOL= sofa king...

Unknown said...

My kids LOVE water balloons, what a fun idea!!! I bet Hunter had a great time! Those cupcakes look so yummy, I wish we had one of those Sprinkles shops here!

Debbi said...

What fun with the waterballons! Love it!

Azure said...

I have never tried water balloons with Logan. What a good idea!!! We'll have to try it soon. It's so nice to have weather that isn't so cold. Yay for springtime weather, finally!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes sound so tempting I'll have to take some home this summer for my family to try. My sister and I were talking about how great they looked when they were on OPRAH! Thanks for the tip on where to get them.
The water balloons sound like a blast how fun.

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

As soon as our weather gets better, I'm breaking the water balloons you sent for Carter and introduce him to Hunter's favorite thing!

Umm...Bridget from "The Girls Nextdoor" loves Sprinkles...I didn't realize you could bake them yourself though!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Andrea you are such a good little mom. Hunter is so funny he cracks me up. I have to laugh every time I think about when Steve told him to give me a kiss! LOL Pretty sure he wasn't sure about the whole idea!

Jamie said...

How fun!! (those cupcakes look so yummy-there was a place like that in WA) So, we too love The Office. On a more recent one, Dwight encounters police officers and asks, "What seems to be the problem officers?" I was laughing so hard when I thought of you and our adventures in the '82 buick.
Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big cupcake fan, but the pictures sure make me want to take a bite of one. Those pictures are totally Awesome!! You guys rock and I'm glad you posted those fun flashback pictures. You look beautiful in your wedding dress!