Thursday, July 10, 2008

{shout out to my nurses}


Yesterday I got to go out to lunch with some of my friends from the good old days onW6 at LDS hospital!! I can't believe that it has been over 2 years since I had seen some of them! Wow time sure does fly by! Before moving to Iowa--I had worked at LDS hospital on W6(trauma/transplant) for about 5 years. I remember when I first started working there as a CNA, and then continued on working there through nursing school-- until eventually I got my RN. Seriously I have had some of the best times of my life spent laughing until late hours of the night with these girls! I guess you tend to bond over bedpans and cleaning up vomit together pretty quickly! I sometimes really do miss my "old life"-- while taking care of patients and trying in my own way to hopefully brighten someone else's day. I am so grateful for the many experiences I have had over the years, while working as a nurse--and will be returning to the life of bed baths and bedpans in the near future!!

7 comments:

Mackay Family said...

I didn't think anyone else would have their kids...I should have come! There were tons of other little ones. I am way sad :(. Looks like you guys all had tons of fun.

Scott and Angie said...

That was really fun, i can't believe it has been so long since i had seen you. You look so great and so happy. We really are getting together in Oct. and it really can be here, the kids can run and play, while we can sit and chat with all of the girls!Hope the rest of your trip is fun.

Debbi said...

I am soo glad you loved book 7! I kept meaning to call you the week that I was home and you were here, but time got away from me and then you were gone. Book 6 is totally worth it after you read 7, don't you think? It makes sense that everything had to happen and yes, I totally agree, J.K. Rowlings is amazing to come up with every detail! Amazing!

When do you get back? Maybe I will still be here.

This lunch looks like super fun too - that's awesome that you still have contact with all your old co-workers, but they look like way better friends than just your normal co-worker!

Azure said...

Man those are some HOT mamas!!!! Seriously, this was a lot of fun!! I'm glad that we were able to get together this time. You and Steve better bring the kids over so that Maddie and Tanner can compare fat rolls. You look amazing as always!!

Craig&Shannon said...

Whatev!! You are missing two of the hotties from W6 Craig and I! Sheesh! I am glad to see you are having fun! How long are you guys in Utah? I would love to have you over!!

Shan

Tasha said...

Andrea - if you can, would you please email me your mailing address...I have a wedding invitation with your name on it. Hope you're having fun!

Allie and Reed said...

I am so sad I missed that. I told Scott Gardner that we were all meeting the next day and he said he even wanted to come. Then the next day I ended up taking Jensen to the doctor. Looks like you guys had a great time.