Tuesday, July 1, 2008

{utah}


In case anyone was actually wondering/caring if we survived our 18 hour long drive to Utah----WE made it! And to be honest I really can't complain...the boys did pretty awesome all things considered! All I can say, is that portable DVD players are a total lifesaver for the kids--along with lots of caffeine for mom and dad!! So we will be here for an entire month--and we hope and pray that our little townhouse in Iowa doesn't come under massive floods or happen to blow away in a tornado while we are gone!!! So I have a few pics to post of what we have been up to while here in Utah!


I sure wished that there was an IKEA closer to where we lived, so we had to take advantage of the one here! Even Hunter had a good time playing with all of the cool things there with his cousin Carter.

You always gotta make a stop at good old Chuck A Rama while in Utah--for a "good time" family buffet right????

Tanner also got to experience his very first ice cream cone too!! Delicious :)


So we have lots of fun things planned over the next few weeks! We will be spending the last two weeks that we are here in Utah with my awesome family! So until then--I hope everyone is having a great summer! These last pics are of the Morris family, and the pictures that we had taken this past weekend!


13 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Glad that you made it here. The drive is so long and I only had to do it one way! The pictures are cute. Is lunch still on or what is the plan? I am excited to see you.

Janae said...

I'm glad you survived the long drive. Looks like you guys are having a good time so far. Can't wait to join you. :)

Jo Ann Anderson said...

Glad to see you survived the long road trip! Have a great time in Utah and enjoy the mountians for me.

Debbi said...

glad you made it! I love Ikea too - what fun that you guys get to hang out with all your cousins and have such a good vacation!

allison said...

I am glad you made it. Hope you are having a great time.
I love the pictures, you always look so cute.

{Erica} said...

glad you guys made it okay...i was wondering how the drive went.

i love ikea too and can't wait to make a trip up there...so glad we drove back :)

ps totally stoked that your my VT and so bummed I missed out on the SNL lesson :) i still laugh when I picture her :)

Jamie said...

Andrea! It is killing me that you are here and that I can't play with you the whole time-why does your family have to steal you the whole time-just kidding! Can't wait to see you again and your boys! The pictures turned out so cute! Call me when you can! Love you!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Ummm...who's the BABE in the last picture with you? J/K :) Very cute pics of everyone! We are SO glad to have you guys here!

The Stones said...

18 hours? You brave woman! I'm impressed you have lived to tell the tale...Have so much fun while you're here and we'll pray for your house in Iowa! XO

Azure said...

I'm way excited to see you and the family soon. Those pictures with Steve's family are very cute!!! You and Christie are looking pretty hot as well. You are so tan, wow!! I'm jealous!!!

Allie and Reed said...

Well I'm glad it can be done (the drive, that is). We have to make about the same drive to Minnesota in about 2 weeks.

The Halls said...

I am glad you guys made it!! What a drive with the kiddos It looks like you are having tons of fun with family and friends. Well we sure miss you back here in exciting Iowa!! Breckyn keeps asking "where is MY Hunter Boy"! I just say he will be home soon!! So sad

Unknown said...

So even though you dogged our VT visit, I will forgive you. I agree, portable DVD players are lifesavers. I hope you have a great time at home. We'll see you soon.