Corn, corn and more corn is what you will find yourself surrounded by-- in the "Corn Pool." Only in the the Midwest will you see this......
{too bad Tanner had more fun eating the corn than playing in it}Then it was off to the apple orchard itself and corn maze. We weren't brave enough to attempt the maze--but we did happen to get a family picture amidst the corn stalks.
I just loved these yellow flowers....Don't worry, we didn't come away from our day at the apple orchard empty-handed! We did bring home a bag of our freshly picked-- crisp and delicious apples
and turned this......
Into this.....
{Homemade apple pie! This recipe we got from Steve's amazing Italian grandmother-- who just happens to also be an amazing cook. I had never made my own pie crust before, and now I know why I probably won't be doing it again for awhile- haha! I have to say though, the end result was well worth the effort. D.I.V.I.N.E }
18 comments:
So fun! What a fun place to visit! Look at that pie, it looks so yummy! I wish I could make pies, but I don't think mine would even be edible!!!
Your pie looks AMAIZING. I can't believe you could make a first time pie look so good. I can't make pie so J.D. makes our pies. Looks like you all had a great time yesterday. I LOVE the scrapbook pages you put together. SO CUTE!
How fun! You seriously make the BEST pies lady...don't even pretend you don't! You got some way cute photos of the boys too! I'm so impressed! (those would make some really fun Christmas gift photos!)
Your pie looks really yummy! I have never tried making a pie before, I am impressed.
PS will you email me our family pictures we took with your camera? Thanks you!
I love apple pie. Your pie looks fabulous. I bet it tastes wonderful too. I love the pictures of your kids in the corn. What fun!
Hunter had to be in heaven with the tractors! Good job on the apple pie...it looks so yummy! I love that Tanner was just eating all the corn. Looks like you had a fun day together.
I have always wanted to go to an apple orchard and pick apples! And i must say that your pie looks amazing I could almost smell it! Steve is one lucky guy to have you cooking all of the time! I am so glad that you found me. It is so fun to see what you guys are up to. P.S. your boys are so dang cute in the corn pool!!
What a darling apple orchard! That looks like the perfect fall outing with so many fun things to do there. So cute. I love the family picture by the corn stalks, it's perfect for Iowa and you are so pretty! And your pie looks absolutely amazing! I am totally impressed. It is rare that I make pie, they are SO much work! Way to go, miss Martha! :)
YUM!! that pie looks amazing!! you know what else looks amazing...your freaking BLUER THAN BLU eyes in the picture of you and steve by the yellow flowers....hello!!!
Very impressed with the pie...I suck at making most pasteries...was it easy? Like even for a brown person to do :)
You Little domestic Lady!!! What a fun place to go!
Well, aren't you the little domestic goddess!!! Seriously, pie crusts are a pain in the butt to make, but are definitely worth it!! That apple orchard looks like fun. So, you will be here so soon, I can't believe it. I was thinking of a couple of things that we could do when you get here and then I wondered how much free time you will have for your friends. So let me know what you've got going on with your families and then we can plan some stuff.
Ha Ha!! I still can't believe I beat you!! to a post any way it was tons of fun and your pie looked way yummy!!! Look at you go zucchini bread one day apple pie the next! what a little home maker u are!
I am seriously impressed! What a darling family and your blog is really cute. I need to learn how to scrapbook online like that...it is so cute!!
Hi Andrea,
I glad I was able to talk to last week, you always make me feel better. You look pretty in your pictures and cute pictures of your family.
I miss you love Jody
We must have missed you guys - but wasn't that so much fun!! I love your pictures too, they turned out great. YOur boys are too cute.
What a fun place. It's was great running into you at the Roy Aquatic center. You have such a cute family.
I'm so taking Drew to the orchard! It looks like so much fun! And your pie looks mighty tasty! Way to go miss baker!
yo andria(k so i know i spelled that wrong shut up)ya i totally remember you you didn't know the eyelash game how could i forget and just to you know i'm carters favorite when you come jk but ya thanks and i'm totally excited for you to come and party harty. (sorry i know that was long)
Post a Comment