
My blog turned 1 whole year this month! What a thing to celebrate right??? I have officially been a "blogger" for one year now! So after all, since it is my "blogging birthday", I say Steve and the boys have to take me out-- for a night on the town to celebrate this monumental occasion--haha! Ok so maybe not, but I do expect presents!! Or at least a comment wishing me many more blogging years to come.......
Before and After:
If you have ever been to my house before, you know we lack-shall we say space in our townhouse. It drives me crazy having the boy's toys scattered everywhere through out my house, and the unfortunate problem is, that there really isn't any room to put them away. Steve and I bought our "Love Sac" the first year we were married, and have lugged "Jabba the Hut" (as Steve refers to it) with us ever since. Hunter thinks it is an awesome place to pretend he is Batman, while he runs and jumps and "flys" off of it over and over again. But lately for me, it has been nothing but an irritating blob. I got really annoyed with the toy issue the other week, and decided once and for all, it was time to depart with our over sized bean bag. I had it posted on Craig's List, and literally had it sold within the hour. So here is the before pictures of our disaster of a play area in our family room.
Before:
{see the resemblance???} {disastrous pile of toys...how embarrassing!}
After:
10 comments:
1. Happy Bloggaversary to you! Aren't you supposed to do a giveaway or something like that to celebrate? :)
2. So your house is now "zen". Just looking at those pictures you can tell how peaceful and relaxing it is now. That little table by tehe window the the storage bench...love it! So glad you got rid of Jabba :)
I keep fighting my urge to declutter my house...we'll see how long I can surpress it :)
Happy Blogger Birthday! :) That ginormous cupcake looks SO yummy to me right now!
Also, we have the super huge bean bag that my kids love to jump and wrestle on, but I have been hating it lately as well. I think the dang thing just has to go. Your before and after pictures have inspired me! There are few other things that could really go as well..... :)
Happy blog birthday! I am so happy for blogs - where would we all be without them. j/k, kinda.
Love the new toy chest and area, it looks great. Wade always wants to get a love sac and trys to talk me into it, but not until we have a play room - no way.
So for your blogging Anniversary I think you guys should celebrate because you've actually made a few people (myself included) start blogging!
As for the toy chest....SO CUTE! I'm so glad that the toy chest worked and everything now has a place! I'm sure that makes your life so much easier now!
Doesn't having your house organized make all the difference in the world!(Not that I would know - we have sooooo outgrown our townhome!!!) Congrats on the blogging birthday! Love all of your fall posts - it is a special time of year! Also, my little Davis is TOTALLY obsessed with trucks too - sometimes I wish he would find a new love, but then I am just glad it is boyish because with Cozette and Brynlie around I am suprised he doesn't love dolls and barbies and pink! You and your family look wonderful and so happy! I am glad all is well - I love checking in on you!
Happy Blogging birthday! I remember looking at your blog when you first started!
Love your new toy chest. Garrett can't part with our bean bag...it is Burley's seat. I am looking for one too. Our toys are in a small basket and spilling out everywhere!
First of all, Happy 1st blogging year!!! Secondly, I hate how much room our love sac takes up, but I don't think we can part with it yet. We love it too much. Jabba the hut is hilarious!!! Your place looks so nice without it though. I too have the problem of the toys all over and spilling out of their "organizer" (really it's a tote). Where did you get that toy chest? I love it!!! Only a few more days til you are here in Utah!!!!
Your house looks great! I love the toy chest and the table with chairs.
Happy Birthday to your Blog
LOL...that bean bag DID look like Jabba! That area looks very nice now....great job mama!
That is very brave of you! I would've had a hard time parting with "jabba" space issues or no. I'm sentimentally wierd like that...Happy blog-day! It's the best!
Post a Comment