
Are you all getting sick of me saying how much I love this time of year yet???? Well, sorry but I can't help it. It has been such awesome weather this entire week--and I am loving every minute of it. There are so many fun things to do in the Fall here in Iowa. (Never thought I'd be saying that sentence) but it is true. This Saturday we are headed to the Apple Orchard for a fun-filled family day (stay tuned for pics of that.) I love pumpkin patches, hay rides, corn mazes, Halloween parties, haunted houses, farmer's market... I really could go on and on--but lets just say I am loving this time of year.
I got this delicious recipe for Zucchini bread from my beyond talented friend {Erica} and decided to make some this week. (Literally I have never made homemade bread in my life--ever!) It really was pretty easy to make, and all I can say--is my house smelled amazing after I was finished baking.
I got this delicious recipe for Zucchini bread from my beyond talented friend {Erica} and decided to make some this week. (Literally I have never made homemade bread in my life--ever!) It really was pretty easy to make, and all I can say--is my house smelled amazing after I was finished baking.
Here is the recipe for this great Fall Time food-- Zucchini Bread.
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil
2 cups zucchini, grated
3 tablespoons vanilla
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups flour
Combine the sugars, oil and eggs. Beat well. Add the zucchini (I squeeze mine a bit to get some of the juice out) and the vanilla. sift the dry ingredients and stir into the creamed mixture.Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (I cook mine for about 55 minutes to make sure the middle isn't gooey). Be sure to check with a toothpick before taking out of the oven.yields: 2 large or 3 smaller loaves.
The only change I made is that I added 3/4 c. of semi sweet chocolate chips. YUM!
I also got my "Fall Swap" package today. Love it...thanks Cassie! See for yourself--I got some pretty sweet stuff.
So I hope that everyone is taking advantage of this beautiful time of year they call Fall.
12 comments:
I LOVE the pic of Hunter!!!! How much he has grown and changed!!!! I so have to try the bread recipe so I'll let you know how it goes.
Can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks!!!!
I LOVE fall as well! That zuchini bread looks so yummy! I will have to make some!!!
I LOVE FALL too!!
I love fall too. While I was going to school in Logan, I loved to drive the Logan Canyon during fall. It was so beautiful. I think Iowa is pretty during fall. If you have a chance, go for a bike ride on the Neal Smith Trail. It will take your breath away. It starts over by Saylorville Lake and ends up downtown Des Moines. Its a great family bike ride for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
That bread looks so yummy! I am making some next weekend. I think I might make it a "bakathon" and make pumpkin cookies too! I love that you posted about fall again! I am loving fall as well this year...the weather has been awesome!
PS I love that picture of Hunter! He is so cute!
Fall is so one of my favorites :) I love it, and I am so jealous that it feels like fall out there! It's still feeling like summer here and I am so ready for sweaters, soup, and the leaves to change. I shall live vicariously for now, I guess :) And I think I'm going to have to try that zucchini bread, it looks so yummy!
I love fall too, I always feel crafty and start so many projects. I love the picture of Hunter... I remember meeting you guys at the clubhouse your first year and Hunter was just starting to walk, he was soo cute!
I love Fall and all the things that go along with it.
looksl ike you scored with your Fall swap...aren't swaps fun?
Thanks again for the spider...the girls loved it and kept singing the "itsy bitsy spider" over and over again with it.
Annie! Yes, its your long lost friend Heather, that's actually leaving a comment....I love fall too! Besides summer, its my fav! Your kids are adorable and growing up fast! Let us know if you come visit Utah, we would love to see ya!
I am going to have to make the zuchini bread! Hunter is so tiny in that picture. Halloween/Fall is my favorite season to decorate for so I share you love there.
I think I need to get in on your swaps. They look like tons of fun.
I second that-Fall is hands down the best time of year! The food, the colors, the clothes, the weather...your bread looks awesome!
Post a Comment