I was so excited to get my movie swap package from {this} awesome girl in the mail today! Honestly if you haven't ever participated in a "blogger swap" before (okay so this was my first one) but I have to say... it really was so much fun. Let's be honest-- who doesn't like to get fun packages in the mail right??? I totally scored on literally, one of my favorite movies that I have seen this year Dan in Real Life...if you haven't seen it yet--trust me it is a must. And of course me being the big dork that I am--I love to watch a cheesy "dance movie" now and again--so luckily she got me Step Up 2, which I have said before and will say it again-is awesome! Thanks Sarah--you are the best!
{PS: Super excited to listen to my Mamma Mia CD too.}
Moving on to my latest and greatest new obsession (thanks Jennifer) I have discovered Shutterfly. I wish I had the time, money, creativity, motivation...(you get the idea) to scrapbook all of the fun pictures I have taken over these past two years-- that we have spent living here in Iowa. Only in my dreams-- could I pretend that I was one of those super crafty girls who just have that natural ability, of creating incredible scrapbooks for their kids. But hey, I recognize my strengths and weakness and scrapbooking is just not one of them. Solution????? {Shutterfly.com} Literally this site has everything set up for you, so all you have to do is download your pictures, pick a background, journal right there on the page--and there you have it-- instant "scrapbook!" With very and I do mean very little effort. (I had 70 pages in mine, and it took me 3 days to finish) Someday I will have the money (like in 10 years -HA! sad but it's true) to have incredible scrapbooks made for all of our family's adventures, but for now Shutterfly is the bomb! I have to say the quality of the book itself and the quality of the pages is pretty impressive for how inexpensive it is. So check it out :)
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Halloween????? I'll be setting up our "Halloween Decor" this weekend. A bit early you might say.....Oh well!
PS: I could eat a pack of these spooky ghosts everyday! LOVE EM :)
19 comments:
Andrea,
peeps are nasty!!! Sorry I missed your call the other day I can't have my phone with me in ICU. I'll call you tomorrow.
Love ya Jody
score on the swap package. Sarah is great, I just wasn't able to do it this time with the move, maybe the next swap, they are fun. Maybe I'll do one later in the fall. I love your shutterfly book - have you tried blurb? It's easy too and you can make books and even turn your blog into one...check it out. I think it's a little cheaper then shutterfly. And, I looked at that reader thing and I don' think it's working this morning, it would only pull up half my blogs, hum....I took it off for now.
that book turned out AMAZING!! I want to see it in person please.
I love sarah and love her package to you! I'm glad you liked the swap!
Andrea Lou-those books look great-hey, I don't even have time to scrapbook to my heart's desire-I will think about those! I love Hunter's Knight costume!
I have been wanting to get into digital scrapbooking because who has time to scrapbook these days? I am so excited to check out shutterfly now that Morgan is here so thanks for the tip!! P.S. It's not too early to set up for Halloween. It is my favorite holiday too!
Thanks for helping on my blog!
I am going to have to try the shutterfly thing. That is way cute. I love to scrabook but i just don't have the time. I LOVE halloween, too. I put somethings up this week, I went to tai pan and thought what the heck, i will get really good use out of them!! Have you got the boys their costumes yet?
Love your books! I, too, have been obsessed with Shutterfly for years now. I give my kids one each year for Christmas, and i make it go from August to August (school year) and that gives me until December to finish it.
Andrea! Oh my goodness your package is a.maz.ing! I LOVE it!!! A movie and halloween package? What could be better?! I LOVE Halloween and my kids are freaking out over the ghosts :) The movies are so fun, the diet coke made it here perfectly :) and everything is seriously just perfect. Thank you SO much! You are adorable and I am totally going to check in on you and your cute little family again. I'm so happy to have you as my swapping buddy! Yay for such a fun swap!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Step it up 2....and MAMMA MIA!!! I know all the songs by heart and have not even seen the movie yet!
I will so have to see about the shutterfly thing because we all know how "creative" I am and this would be a great idea for gifts too!
The movie swap looked fun...I should have done it. Shutterfly is awesome, another good one is MyPublisher. You can always get by one get one free and things (great for Christmas gifts)! I am right there with you on the Peeps things. Good thing that have them for almost every holiday now!
What background did you choose for your book?
Andrea it is the weirdest thing because right before i looked at your blog today I just finished my first shutterfly photobook. How crazy is that?! I did mine for the year of 2007, I had so much fun making it! I can't wait to get mine back!! How fun!!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too! Also great job on the scrapbook - I think the digital thing is great, I just haven't brought myself over to the "dark" side yet - I still need to cut and paste.
Love this post. You always have the funnest and greatest ideas. I think the movie swap sounds so fun! I love to scrapbook and stink at it, so Love the shutterbug or fly thing. ( I just forgot the name) Your pages are super cute. I also am in LOVE with decorating for Halloween. One comment someone made last year was "man you must love Halloween I don't decorate this much at christmas."
I LOVE peeps, those ghosts look super yummy! I love your photo book! I might just have to do one of those myself.
For sure! I am totally adding you as well and I'll be checking your blog for sure. You are adorable as is your little family and I had so much fun doing this swap with you. As Erica said, it was destiny :) I am so happy to have met you and look forward to getting to know you even better through blogging.
Andrea, I love all the clever fun stuff you always have on your blog! I am going to have to check out the shutterfly thing! You don't give yourself enough credit for how creative you are! Just look at your blog!!
DUDE! You totally scored on your movie package! I can't wait to get mine.
I also loved looking at your book the other night. It turned out soo good! I got a email from shutterfly for a free 8/8 20 page book so I am going to put one together sometime soon.
Post a Comment