
With it being Thanksgiving this month....I have been thinking of the many things in my life-- that I have to be thankful for. So today I will be doing a "Thankful Giveaway."
What is a Thankful Giveaway Andrea??? Well this is how it works. You have to leave me a comment, and list at least one thing that you are thankful for. Then you will be entered into a random drawing and can "win" one of the two giveaway prizes. I will draw the names from the website {random.org} so no worries friends, it will be fair. So even if you read this blog, and have never left a comment before....here is your chance.
So with the "Thanksgiving spirit" in mind, I came up with 3 simple pleasures of mine, that I am thankful for.
1. Books! Oh how I love curling up to a great book that takes my imagination to a new place. I am truly thankful for good books. So enjoy a $10.00 gift card to one of my favorite stores-- Barnes and Noble.
2. Warm cozy socks. If you know me well, you know I am a "sock snob." I love fun socks, and rarely will you catch me wearing boring white socks (unless I am working out.) And these socks are perfect for winter time. If you wear long black boots like me--knee socks are a must .
3. Chocolate... enough said right. One of my favorites though are peanut M&M's.
**I will be announcing the 2 lucky winners this Sunday Nov. 16th. And will mail off the "thankful packages" that same week!**
Let the "Thankful" comments begin..........
30 comments:
what a great idea...in fact i'll be doing something just like this later on this month with another four earrings...great minds must think a like )
It's hard to just narrow down what I'm thankful for, but currently on my mind would be my body. With so many friends who's kids are suffering, or whos life has changed forever from having 83% of her body burned, I just can't get over how much I am thankful for my body. Yes, this body that I often times wish was a different size, skinnier, a little more tan, long hair, short hair, curly or straight, green eyes, of whatever...I just need to remember that I can function. I can walk. I can hug my kids and I wake up every morning healthy.
So yeah...I'm thankful for this body of mine...huge calves and all :)
OK, such a cute idea...I'd like to play, SO!
I'm thankful for my husband. He works hard so I can stay home with the kids, and then comes home from work and offers to give me a break. He's so patient with the kids and with me. (Granted, he's not with them all day, but still!) He's never complained about helping me-he'll get up with them in the middle of the night, or early in the morning, just so I can catch one more hour of zzz's. Have I gushed enough? He's pretty great!
How fun!!!
I am so thankful for my family. Especially my children. I'm so thankful that I have been able to have five healthy ones and that they are so amazing and fabulous!!!
I always love free stuff!! You are such a clever one, Andrea. I am thankful for so many things. It's hard to pick one thing I am thankful for, but I guess I will have to say family. I love my kids so much and don't know what I would do without them or Rob!!
How fun Annie! You're so thoughtful, where do you come up with the time though to do all of this though?
I have to say I am so thankful for the life Scott and I have built together. Sometimes it's really easy to forget all that we do have. We're so young and have a house, a puppy, an adorable little boy (who we thank God for everyday), a positive financial situation, and an amazing marriage now! (I also have an amazing Sister-in-law who has been such a blessing to me too!)
So it is way to hard to list just one thing I am thankful for, but a few that stand out in my mind are my hubby, kids, my home and friends. I feel with those things I can get through all the scary things happening in the world right now. What a fun little give-away!!!
I give much thanks to your awesome blog song, "I'm Yours- Jason Mraz." (you look super good in that picture at the top)
Andrea, what a great idea. Those are some awesome give aways. I am thankful for so many things. I am so thankful for a husband who works so hard for our family, two beautiful daughters that I could not do without, my home, my car, and that every day I have the chance to be better. This is Katie Ericksen, by the way so there is no confusion.
Cute idea...you are so creative!
There are many things that I am thankful for so it is hard to choose just one, but I am going to have to say my family! I don't know what I would do without them. They are such a blessing in my life!
What a fun giveaway. I love how you always hvwe your posts done so cute. I am thankful for healthy kids. Ashlynn was sick for a week and I worried everyday. I was so worried about her and kept thinkinng the worst. Like whats wrong with her? What does she have? My 5 kids are hardly ever sick and I am so greatful. My heart and prayers go out to the parents whos chidren are!
I am thankful for so many things in my life, but I would be a fool not to be thankful for the one man who has always been there for me no matter what has happened...my dad. (I know you were thinking that I was going to say my husband, and I am thankful for him too.) My dad is truly a servant of God. He will drop anything and everything he's doing just to help someone out. And even though I live a 1000 miles away from him, he does whatever he can to visit. I can't thank him enough for all of the times he has spent here with us and with Drew, and for the daily phone calls we share. It's something I look forward to every day. I love him.
Such a fun and cute idea! I love it. I also absolutely love good books, have you read "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner? It's one of my new favorites. I love it and highly recommend it :)
I am thankful to be a mom. I've been complaining about feeling lousy lately and how hard everything is being pregnant and still having to deal with a whiny 4 year old and crazy 2 year old, but really I could not be more grateful to get to be their mom. I am so grateful to be able to have children, and that I have two beautiful girls that keep me on my toes and laughing every single day. And that help me notice my shortcomings so that I can try and do better the next day. I could not be more grateful for that :)
Cute idea.
It's always hard to narrow down the list of things I'm thankful for, there are so many. But for the sake of being different,(and although I am definitely thankful for my kids, family, husband, etc.) I am going to say that I am thankful for the trials I've gone through in the last couple of years. At times it felt like hell, but looking back on it all it made me and my family stronger, I am a better person, a better friend, and I honestly could go on and on listing all that I have gained from those experiences. So today I will say I am thankful for all of the trials and hardships I have faced.
A contest is such a fun idea. You are so cute.
I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be a mom and to have little people who make life so much fun. I love the need to be comforted after a scary dream and the funny things they say.
Cute idea! I am thankful for lots of things today, but especially the AMAZING feeling of having my precious little girl moving around inside me! It is such a blessing to be expecting a sweet baby and I feel blessed every day. It's just an added bonus that I get to feel all her little kicks and punches!
How fun! What a great idea to get in the mood for Thanksgiving! I have so many blessings to be thankful for...my sweet little boy, my wonderful husband, and the gospel!
Awesome idea Andrea! I love following your blog and life in the great state of Iowa!
I have to say that I am greatful for many things. Of course, I'm thankful for family, friends and faith. I think one thing I am really grateful for right now is my job. So many people are struggling financially and I'm so lucky to have a good job that I love and that pays well.
PS I'm also glad I found your blog! It's nice to keep up!
Andrea, You are so creative! What a fun idea! I am thankful for so many things, I know this sounds cheesy, but I am most thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful health kids.
Hi Oh Andrea Lou!
Well, I have exciting news, Abby went poo in the potty today.
I guess I am thankful that I will have a kiddo potty trained soon, or so I hope!
Love you, Jamie
I just love thanksgiving and it makes me sad how we glide over it and move on to christmas. Thanks for making it a special holiday on your blog! I'm thankful for a healthy body, as well. I'm thankful that I can carry my babies full term with no sickness and little discomfort. How many women can say their biggest complaint is a backache after carrying someone for 9 months?? Lucky me!
Where do I even begin....
Right now I am thankful that Beckham's IV is drawing blood so that they do not have to poke him so much. I am also thankful for cover up makeup because I am totally broken out right now because of stress and I am so glad that I have cover up for my zits! Last but not least I am grateful for Baked Cheetos. I have tried to be "some what" healthy these last couple of weeks and have failed. I finally found that I could eat Baked Cheetos and not feel like I was totally cheating!
Love the socks and second that books are the best thing ever! Um... lately I've been more and more grateful for my two boys. I know that this is pretty generic, but I'm so blessed to have to wonderful, healthy and happy boys - who forgive me when I'm not being a very nice mom!
I want in on this. What a fun idea.
I have to say I am thankful I still have my job. Especially with things the way they are right now. My work has had to do lay offs for the first time EVER!!
Oh, and of course, I am thankful that I have such a thoughtful and creative cousin like Andrea. I miss you guys!
I'm thankful for my index finger that I can get that big booger out of my nose that is driving me crazy.
I am thankful for my family. Living hundreds of miles away from them can really make you appreciate your family and all that they do for you!
Andrea, this is such an awesome idea! I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy baby girl! She has blessed my life so much.
I am greatful for the one wonderful child I have been blessed with and for a loving and supportive husband. This is a great idea, way to go Andrea!
I know that this is most peoples, but i really am so thanful for my great husband to two beautiful kids! You are so cute, what a fun idea!!!
You are so creative Andrea, I love this idea!
I am grateful for my husband- we are still newlyweds and I love being married! He is so good to me and I look forward coming home to him every day!
I am grateful to live in Utah where I am close to all my family, friends and the MOUNTAINS! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't have the mountains in my backyard to play in.
I'm very grateful for my job, especially with the troubled economy right now. And it's fun. Working in the ER also makes me grateful for my health and my somewhat "normal" life!
p.s You look so great in your pic on the heading!
You are so creative!!!! What a great idea, it really is hard to pick off of the very long list of what I am thankful for. I think it will have to be my amazing little family that Bryan and I have built together especially since their was a time that I thought we may not have what we have and watching dear friends go through similar struggles I am truly grateful for my family!
Post a Comment