Sunday, April 12, 2009

{easter}

Happy Easter. Happy day. The Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ, made it all possible. His atoning sacrifice made on our behalf, and the perfect life He lived while on this earth is why I am smiling today. I love Easter. I love tulips, I love Spring, I love brightly dyed Easter eggs, and strawberries dipped in chocolate, I love my boys dressed in their new Easter clothes. I love spiral cut ham, I love Easter egg hunts, I love sunshine. I love Easter.

{click to enlarge}


What a wonderful weekend. It was filled with good friends and lots of delicious food. We made chocolate dipped rice crispy treats, that were shaped like Easter eggs. (the trick is dipping them in Cadbury milk chocolate) YUM!! We had fun dyeing Easter eggs with the boys, went on a Easter egg hunt, enjoyed the warm weather outside, and had a FHE lesson on the Resurrection. (Pretty tricky explaining to a 4 year old-- what the word Resurrection means....) But Hunter never ceases to amaze me every day, with the things that he does remember that we try and teach him.




Like I mentioned above, our weekend was filled with lots of delicious food too. (Looks like someone needs to hit the gym this week after all of this....) But it was worth it!! It was such a great Easter, and I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life.


{click to enlarge}

17 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I just love Easter too. Your boys looked very handsome. I love Hunter's tie.

Chris & Missy said...

Hey Andrea,

Your boys are yummy in their Easter outfits, they are so dang handsome! It looks like you guys had a good Easter.

And, I am loving the Hills, can't wait for tonight's episode. I am way sad that it is the last season! but I've heard that Audrina will be getting her own show. Do you know if that is true?

Unknown said...

Love the Utes egg...looks like you guys had a great time. Those boys are so dang cute!

Kiera said...

Looks like you had fun.

Hey, I decided to start my own blog. Since we can't rely on anyone in my family to update theirs. I am going to give it a try. I play on the computer a little more than them so we'll see. The address is istjustme-kiera.blogspot.com

I don't have much posted because I set it up at work this morning. So when I get home I will post some pictures.

Jamie said...

Your boys look adorable! Sounds like you had a great easter and the rice crispie treats look yummy-I'm gonna call you this week.
Love, Jamie

Mackay Family said...

Chocolate dipped strawberries...yum! I am with you on all the wonderful things about spring! You have good taste in little boys clothes! Fun Easter time! I love your collages...are they hard to do? I need to learn how to do them!

Sarah said...

Cute Easter outfits! And yummy Easter treats! Boy am I with you on the needing the gym after all of the calories I consumed this past week! Gotta love holidays :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are Happy. Iam with ya on Easter. LOVE IT ALL! Your boys are so Handsome. I love the pictures. TOO CUTE!

Elise said...

What cute pictures of the boys! I love Children's Place :). You always do awesome things for the different holidays. We do need to get together soon. You should come next week cuz Jason will be out of town all week and I'll need the company.

Megan and Shawn said...

Super cute pictures - seriously your boys are so adorable! I also have to say bravo for the Utes egg - although BYU Blue might be a better color....

Scott and Angie said...

Looks like a great easter, what cute little guys you have!

Unknown said...

SO cute!!! Love the outfits! You treat look so yum, you are such a cute crafty momma!!!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

How fun Annie! LOVE the baskets...and I'm so glad that this will be the LAST Easter away from us!!! :) The boys look so cute in their outfits too!

Megan said...

Okay, the two pictures of your boys in the bottom, right of the collage melted my heart. They are so handsome!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you the other day and THANKS so much for being my friend. You are so thoughtful and sweet and I love being your friend.

Azure said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! Cute pictures!!!

Debbi said...

What handsome boys! Thanks for the book reccomendation, I'll have to look for it. I've just started, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins and love it! I wish I could comment more, you always do the cutest posts and have fun. Maybe we'll see you in May