{try to ignore the weird "smile" Hunter is making in this pic}
I don't usually get too sentimental, but this year as I looked at each of my boys dressed in their red and blue shirts, and Steve in his "Utes red", I couldn't help but get teary-eyed as our journey has almost reached it's end. Or really.... is this just the beginning? Interesting. My time here has been full of many ups and downs. I have learned so much about myself, about sacrifice, overcoming trials, endurance, patience and tolerance---really the list could go on and on. I have made some of the most incredible friends, and met some of the most inspiring people along the way. I have had to rely on strength much greater than my own. So yes, this 4th of July was a bit sentimental for me. But in a very, very good way!
First up, was the parade.
The very patriotic and delicious cupcakes.
And finally...
fireworks and sparklers.It really was a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I am so proud to live in this great country, and even prouder to be an American. I am optimistic for what the future holds, and feel truly blessed to live in a land where freedom is a right as well as a great privilege.
**On a side note....during the next few weeks, I will be busy packing, cleaning, and getting ready for the 'big move' at the end of this month, so unless something major happens around here I will be MIA when it comes to blogging. Oh wait I almost forgot..... "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince" will be out in theaters July 15th! Now if that isn't major news-- then I don't know what is?**
Until then....


9 comments:
Crazy that it has been 3 years! Your boys looked like they had so much fun yesterday. Those cupcakes are adorable...you need to start a blog with all the cute things you do with your kids. You are full of ideas! Good luck these next few weeks! Can't wait to have a play date when you are back here!
Call me if there is a day that I can come and take Hunter and Tanner as you pack and clean. We would love to have a little play time.
I can't believe your going to be back in UT soon. So you applied for the job in the ER, huh!? I don't see my boss much do to working nights, which is not always a bad thing! If i do i will give her a heads up, on secound thought i will slip her a e mail, hope all goes well for you, good luck. Let me know if you hear anything!See you soon....
Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious and so cute. And I love your skirt. It's amazing how when we start our journeys we think we'll never get to the end, and when we get there we have no idea how it went so quickly. I'm glad you have had such a wonderful time on this part of your journey! Good luck with all of the packing and cleaning, I wish I were closer to help!!
Annie I have to say (I know it's selfish) but I am so glad that this is the LAST 4th of July that you guys have to spend away from home and family. I know how much you've enjoyed your time in Iowa but it's definitely time to come home. :) I can't wait to see you in a few short weeks.
Call me anytime you want to vent about packing, organizing and job hunting...I am always here girl...and I do know a few things about moving.
You guys all look so cute dressed up for the 4th!!!
The cupcakes look fabulous, you little baker you! How soon until you move back to Utah? It will be so fun to see your darling boys!
Hey! You are coming back?? We will have to get together! It looks like you had a great 4th of July! Your kids are so cute and I love reading all of the fun ideas you have!! :) Happy packing!
Cute family photos and I need one of those cupcakes! Can't wait to see you soon!!! love you!
Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I can't believe we've been gone for a year now! I miss Iowa like crazy. Oh, and I hear ya on the Harry Potter movie. I'm so pumped!!!
Post a Comment