Tuesday, June 30, 2009

{try it tuesday...patriotic edition}

If you haven't noticed by now--I love festive food ideas for every holiday! The 4th of July is this Saturday as we all know (one of my personal favorite holiday's to celebrate.) So I found a few ideas for this patriotic edition of try it tuesday!

Thanks Martha Stewart for always coming through with the fun cupcakes ideas. You and check them out here to see how to make them for yourself.




While on the topic of cupcakes, I am going to be making my favorite cupcakes this weekend. Sprinkles. You must have heard about these by now. Unfortunately there aren't any Sprinkles cupcakes shops in Iowa (shocker!) But you can buy the Sprinkles cupcake mix at any Williams-Sonoma stores or online. Check it out here. A little pricey for cupcakes....YES! But trust me they are worth every penny! My two favorites are lemon and red velvet!



I made this sweet Chex mix for Valentine's Day this year...but you can also make it for the 4th just as well. I used pink white and red M&M's back then--but red and blue would be perfect for the 4th of July too. I found the heart containers for Valentines at Walmart for $1.00--but I know Target and Walmart both have patriotic tins right now. A cute gift for a VT or neighbor. Email me if you want the recipe. I warn though...it is very addicting so make at your own risk!



I could easily make this next craft idea with Hunter this weekend. Super easy to make, and who doesn't have colored card stock paper on hand??? Details on how to make stars here.



This last idea is a bit more complicated. Not sure if I can pull it off this year, but I will definitely save it for next year! Very cute. Details on how to make pinwheels here.




And that is it for try it tuesday! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. I am super excited to take my boys to watch the parade and see fireworks this weekend. Can't wait to see what my kids think of Sparklers.......

8 comments:

Kiera said...

What cute ideas. I've heard a lot about Sprinkles Cupcakes on tv. They are Bridgette's (from the Girls Next Door) favorite. I might have to order the mix. I saw online the other day you could purchase the mix. So cool!!!

Sarah said...

They have sprinkles out here and I've still never tried them, I think the 4th might be the perfect occasion to do so :) I love all of your ideas! I still can't believe that it will be JULY tomorrow. Where did the last 3 months go? Hope you guys have fun celebrating!

Mackay Family said...

I wish I was excited about the 4th, but I am not. Those are lots of cute ideas. I would love your yummy recipe! You always have good recipes. I have never heard about Sprinkles cupcakes...might have to try them.

P.S. Can you believe the Bachelorette?

Susan said...

yes please! I would love the chex mix recipe! Cute ideas you have!

Jamie said...

ok...now you have me craving cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Love all the ideas!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

What cute ideas Annie! I can't wait to plan these little "craft projects" together with our boys soon!

I can't wait to see the pics of your fourth!

Megan and Shawn said...

Such great ideas Andrea! How are things in IA? Hope you guys are good. We miss you!