A tasty little treat for the hot summer months. Fruity and refreshing. I love fresh raspberries and Steve loves mangos--so this smoothie is the the perfect combination .

1/2 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
1/2 cup cubed fresh mango
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 T. sugar
If your not quite sure how your taste buds will respond to a raspberry mango mix....then try out McDonald's new Raspberry Mango shake first. I actually tried it out yesterday and I will say this... "I'm Lovin' It." haha--lame I know! But it was pretty darn good.
PS: They also have the Ice Age Happy Meal toys in right now....so it's a good time all around.
Now this next recipe is one of my favorites, mainly because it is so quick and easy to make, and it is really good too!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning and shredded.
1 can cream of chicken soup
2/3 c. sour cream
1 small can sliced black olives
1/2 can of green chilies
1/4 c. salsa
8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar/mozzarella blend)
(I buy the 16 oz bag of pre-shredded cheese and use 8 oz in the mixture, and then 8 oz. on the top)
1 bag medium flour tortillas
Directions:
Mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl
Fill each tortilla with heaping spoons of chicken mixture and roll up
Mix another can of cream of chicken soup, added with more of the cheddar/mozzarella cheese blend and spread evenly on top of the filled tortillas.
Top off with the rest of the cheese and cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Take cover off, and let the cheese bake until golden brown. (serves six)
My kids will even eat these which surprised me! So give it a try.
My nail polish summer picks.....
Wouldn't these colors look so great on your toes?? My favorite is the first one. Love it.
Lastly, for try it tuesday--if you haven't already you must check out my new favorite show on T.V. It is so fun and the dances are incredible to watch.



3 comments:
I love your "Try it Tuesdays"! I have a couple of suggestions for you! Coconut M&M's and a tasty brownie bite recipe. You can find them both on my blog www.simplysus.me
The M&M's are heavenly! Oh and by the way, can you send me the PB cookie recipe you had on here a while back? Thanks!
You are just discovering SYTYCD?! That is my favorite!!!!!!!!
But so far this season isn't living up to last season. Last season was so good. I think partly because they had 4 dancers in the top 20 from Utah. And Chelsi Hightower went on to Dancing with the Stars. Which was so cool.
Annie...Happy "late" Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 years since we went to SLC for your wedding. CRAZY!!! And how times have changed huh?
You are so creative with your cooking...someday I'll get there. (Sooner than later for Scott's sake)
Post a Comment