Wednesday, August 12, 2009

{i'm back....}

To say the past 2 weeks have been busy--would be quite the understatement! Well, obviously we made it to Utah, and we have been on the go ever since. I started my new job this week too. I'm not going to lie--after getting used to being a stay at home mom for the past 2 years--going back to work full time is going to be a challenge for me. This week I work two 8 hr shifts and two 12 hr shifts. Just ask me how I am doing Saturday morning.... to see if I survived. Ha! I do have to say though, that I love my job, and that I am stoked to be working in Labor and Delivery.


We were so sad to say goodbye to all of our wonderful friends back in Iowa, but the hardest part-- was saying goodbye to Steve for 3 weeks. Crazy right?!? I still can't believe that we have been apart for so long. The boys miss their daddy so much, and I am just grateful to have such awesome family and friends here in Utah to keep me busy, and have fun with. But after he takes his Board exam next Monday--he will load up the moving truck and drive out to be with all of us again! I can't wait. Love you babe,


We really packed in all of the activities last week, because I knew once I started my job--my free time would be greatly limited. So here are just a few pictures of what we have been up to.



{The boys and Papa Scott, the morning we left for Utah}


{Swimming at grandma's pool}



{We spent one day at the Splash Pad with cousin Carter}



{So fun!}


{Tanner, cousin Carter, Hunter}


I also got to meet my adorable new nephew for the first time, Braxton.

{What a cutie pie he is.}

{I just love my nephews!}

{My youngest brother Brady just got home from his mission in the Philippines a few weeks ago! He is such a stud, and I love having him around. So do my boys}

So that is a pretty brief summary of what we have been doing. It has been so fun to catch up with friends and family, and I can't wait to get back into a normal routine with my kids soon. Hopefully I will be able to update more frequently, once I get my schedule figured out. I hope everyone is having a great summer!

12 comments:

{Erica} said...

looks like you're having fun. Best of luck with work. I'd love to be a nurse in L&D!

Mackay Family said...

Good luck with returning to work! I went from 24 hours a month to 24 hours a week and it was SO hard! Just took a lot of adjusting! You are going to be a great L&D nurse. Hope Steve does well and that he drives safe back to Utah! Glad you got to do some fun things when you got here!

I am so mad I couldn't come on Friday...don't hate me!

Anonymous said...

Man do those pictures make me miss you guys even more!...I sure love you and the boys Annie, and have realized just how much you all do for me...everyone that reads this...please pray for me to be able to remember the ENORMOUS amount of information that is going to be on this beast of an exam!

Sartori Fam said...

Welcome home! We will all have to get together when you get settled in!

The Stones said...

Hey when your schedule's a little more settled, let's go to lunch and talk all things Harry Potter, Bachelorette, and Hills! :) Good luck to Steve!

Heather said...

Darn I just missed you! We were in Utah the last two weeks. I wish I could have seen you. Where are you working? Good luck adjusting to your new schedule-that would be really hard! I hope Steve does well on his exam!! I'll let you know when we are in Utah again and maybe we can go to lunch!

Megan and Shawn said...

Glad that you guys made it to UT safe and sound. I'll definetly be looking you up when we head down there in a few months. Have fun at work, I'm sure you're a great nurse - especially in a place where a person "really" needs a good nurse!

allison said...

I am glad you guys made it and are doing great. We miss you guys.

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Oh Annie I can't even tell you how excited I am that you are here now!! Carter is going to have so much fun growing up with his cousins here too! They did so well, I was so surprised.

I can't wait to get together more once you know what your schedule is, and have the boys play together.

Jamie said...

YEA! So excited you are back and can't wait to see you!!! & hear about everything and your new job!!
Love, Jamie

Brooke Hargett said...

Andrea, welcome back! That's really great that you are going back to work! Im excited for you! We will have to get together sometime when you come down towards SL! :)

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys are sure busy, but still having so much fun! Good luck with getting back to work, I know you will be an awesome L&D nurse! I hope it's going well!!