Friday, August 21, 2009

{nebraska.utah.wyoming}

Those would be the 3 different states that each of my family members are in-- at the present time. I am pretty sure that we will never again experience going to bed in 3 separate states. Let me explain......

Steve is finally....... after 3 long weeks, on his way back to Utah. He will get here sometime tomorrow after a 17 hour drive. Along with a great big yellow Penske truck. So for the now, he is in the oh so scenic state that is Nebraska.






I am still here in Utah--working a whole lot and wondering if I will ever get used to working these 12 hour shifts again. Oh yeah--I also am feeling pretty old because I turned the big 29 today. Old, old, old I tell you!!! Where did the time go? I swear it was just the other day that I was celebrating my 28th birthday in Iowa with bikini bear cupcakes, and now today, I am one year closer to 30. Life is good though I have to say. I couldn't possibly be any happier, than where I am right now. (Except for the fact that my family is a few hundred miles away from me.) I was so excited when a special delivery was left on my doorstep today, from that very sweet and thoughtful husband of mine. Thanks so much Steve--it truly brightened my day! It helped me to not feel like such an old troll!! Ha!







My boys are with my parents at their cabin in Star Valley, Wyoming for the weekend. They had a big family reunion planned with all of my extended family, and I had to stay back and work-- so the kids took off with my parents for a weekend full of fun!!

{Hunter and Tanner with my brother's Brady and Zac.}


So there you have it. We may be in 3 different states tonight--but Sunday we will all finally be reunited as a family.


I can't wait.

8 comments:

Mackay Family said...

That has to be so hard to be away from all of your boys! Sunday will be a great day. Hope you had a great birthday!

allison said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. What a fun surprise from Steve.
It will be great on Saturday or Sunday when you get to see Steve again, 3 weeks is a long time.

lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The flowers are beautiful. I'm excited for you all to see each other again. I bet your boys miss ya a ton. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I have your birthday written on my calendar so I wouldn't forget to call... and obviously I did (i must be really pregnant!). HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't wait for you to be a "family" again and have Steve around. YAY! We tried to get a hold of him before he left but he must have been busy. Don't get too lonely today without your 3 boys there.

Sarah said...

That is so crazy you guys are so spread out. I bet you will LOVE being all together again :) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

Megan and Shawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You are hot 29 year old! I'm so glad you'll be back as a family, it is really hard to be away from each other so long.

Lindsay Sprague said...

Miss your face!! come back!
happy birthday, we will have to text when that long anticipated movie comes out in nov and we are just awash with excitement!! not many here to share it with as exuberantly as i can wiht you!! hope you are doing great though, good luck with everything!
love ya

Jamie said...

At least you are a very sexy old troll Andrea-(gorgeous flowers-what a great hubby)