Wednesday, September 2, 2009

{try it tuesday....a day late}


Well, hopefully I will be back to posting a little more regularly. We are finally back together as a family. YAY. Steve started his rotations this week at Utah Valley Medical Center, and I have (I think) fully adjusted to my new life here! Hunter starts school next week and is really excited for that, and Tanner is just my little Charlie Brown boy. Happy and content. We took the boys to Hogel Zoo last Saturday and had such a fun day. The boys favorite animals to see-- were the giraffe and the black bear. Hunter loved the carousel ride and Tanner screamed his head off the whole time. Icecream cones and cotten candy were a big hit that day too.

So my first suggestion today, is to try going to the Zoo one more time this year! It is always a good time. Especially now that the temperatures are getting cooler.







My next try it suggestion is a recipe for the most divine chocolate cake you will ever eat. There is this Bundt Cake shop located in Sandy, that sells the most delicious cakes called "Nothing Bundt Cakes" but they sell one cake for like $30.00. So I found the recipe online for the chocolate cream cheese cake, and I promise you it will be well worth your efforts to make this tasty little treat.





Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 pkg. devils food cake

1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding

1 c. sour cream

4 large eggs

1/2 c. water

1/2 c. oil

1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips


Cream cheese frosting

8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 c. butter

3-4 c. powdered sugar

2 tsp. vanilla extract


Mix first six ingredients together with a beater. Add chocolate chips. Pour into a greased bunt cake pan (cooking spray works best). Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins. Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 mins. Remove from pan. (I think it tastes best if you put it on a serving plate, wrap it well in Saran Wrap, and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting and serving.) In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick). That's it! Easy right?





If you don't have a bundt cake pan, you could also use this same recipe and make these mini bundt cakes too. The signiture to these yummy bundt cakes is to pipe the cream cheese frosting on after the cake has cooled. SO GOOD.


My last try it suggestion comes from Victoria's Secret PINK line. Now that Fall time is quickly approaching--one of my favorite things to do, is to cozy up in a nice pair of comfy sweats. I love Victoria's Secret PINK line of clothing because they are so comforable AND cute to wear too. Try it out, if you haven't already!




And lastly, I just have a bit of totally awesome news to share with everyone! We found out last week that someone made an offer to buy our Iowa townhouse, and we accepted the offer! So finally after a very stressful ordeal of trying to decide what was the best thing to do--we both feel like we made the right decision. And what a huge relief after a very long and drawn out stressful period of time! YAY.




7 comments:

allison said...

Congratulations! on selling your house. I was just talking to Sprague (not Lindsey her sister in law...can't remember her name) yesterday about your house and they were asking if you had sold it yet.
I am glad you are all back together. It is hard being apart. We still miss you back here in Iowa. We have meet the teacher tomorrow and sad Hunter is not in Savannah's class again.

Unknown said...

Ya, so John was worth it then? Glad to see you guys are getting settled. I miss little Hunter's flirting in primary!

Megan and Shawn said...

Yea! Andrea that is great, great news. Glad to see you back in action!

Sarah said...

Yay for selling your house and that you are all back together again! I am so happy for all of your happy news :) And for that chocolate bundt cake recipe, it looks amazing!

The Allred Family said...

Congrats on selling the house! What a huge relief. we miss you guys. Hope all is well.

Mackay Family said...

Congrats on selling your townhome! That is awesome. Have you ever had the red velvet cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes? It is SO yummy. We frequent that place.

Allie said...

I just love your "try it" suggestions. You have such great taste. I will definitely have to try that bundt cake!