Monday, September 7, 2009

{last few days of summer}


Go Utes



Steve and I took Hunter to the first game of the Utah Utes football season! Some of my greatest memories were going to Utes football games, when we were first married, and Steve was doing his undergrad there. We didn't have any kids at the time--and man did we have fun at those games. Well, 7 years later we thought it would be fun to take Hunter to his first game. He was a little overwhelmed when we first got there, but soon he was cheering "Go Utes" right along with us.



Sold out stadium

Showing off our matching Utes stickers


It was such a fun night! Nothing beats a football game on a cool September evening with a hot dog, diet coke and popcorn!

PS: They won too!


I also had a fun time going to Swiss Days with my mom, aunts, and grandma. If you haven't ever been (and this was my first year going) it is SUCH a fun time. My mom has been going for the past 20 years with her sister's-- and I finally decided to see what all of the hype was about. It is located in Midway and it is always the Fri. and Sat. before Labor Day.



All the girls


Me and my cute mom


We also went to this really cool place that is located in Ogden called the "Treehouse Museum" with my sister in law and her kids. I ended up buying a season pass that day--because my boys had so much fun they didn't want to leave. We will be spending many days this winter at the Treehouse Museum I can already tell.



Milking the cows

Checking out germs under the microscope

Ahh...how cute is this?


Cowboy Hunter

Fireman Tanner

I also tried out the Chocolate Bundt Cake from the recipe I posted below this weekend too. With a little added touch--of some chocolate dipped strawberries made this dessert one delicious little treat! YUM!


So goodbye to one heck of a crazy Summer.....and hello to a hopefully much less chaotic Fall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa-weee I want some of that cake!!

Sarah said...

That cake looks amazing :) So fun that you guys got to go back for a football game together. I LOVE college football games in the fall. That museum looks like tons of fun, too. Glad you're having so much fun in Utah!! :)

allison said...

Cute pictures at the game. LOVE college football and the Fall!

My kids love the Tree House Museum we have gone the last two summers we where in Utah and it is hard to get the kids to leave.

Sounds like you guys are doing good. Keep in touch.

Raquel said...

HEY!!!! You are still as pretty as you always were! Your family is adorable! I can't believe how old we are either! LOL! Its totally crazy...

Please keep in touch - its so good to hear from you. I miss all the girls from so long ago. email me rockiray80@yahoo.com

loriandjd.blogspot.com said...

Looks like you guys have been having a great time. I love reading your blog. You are a pro at finding the funnest things to do wherever you live. Whenever J.D. would say what should we do today I'd say look at Andreas blog and we can get some ideas. The tree house museam looks like a place I'll have to try out. We all sure miss you. Have a great day!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Oh my goodness...that sounds like the DREAM vacation. I am heading out to Vegas/St. Goerge in a couple weeks for a Girl's weekend in October. I can't wait. Swiss days made me cry. I miss it every year. My mom and sister...and you went without me this year...jerk! Glad to see that things are going so well. Here's to the last year!