Well, this past weekend the boys and I took a much needed mini getaway to St. George and Las Vegas with my parents. Poor Steve had to stay behind for rotations, but I think he enjoyed sleeping in Sat. and Sun. minus the kids, just as much as we enjoyed soaking up the sun down south. I have been telling Hunter about the M&M Factory in Las Vegas for a few weeks now...and boy was he excited to go and check it all out. It was definitely worth the trip there, that is for sure. The weather was perfect, we had lots of fun swimming at the pool, shopping at the outlets, watching movies, and just plain relaxing. Just what we all needed---because starting back Monday it all begins again.....
I haven't really had the the time to update as much as I would like to, but working these night shifts is almost killing me. I am SO SO grateful for all of the amazing help I am getting from my awesome mom and mother- in- law who help me out so much with watching my boys, but it has been really hard for me to adjust to so many new things. My 6 week long orientation is finally over this week--so that means I am all on my own! Freaky right??? Each day I am feeling more and more comfortable, but there is still so much that I have to learn. I swear I thought after having two babies myself and working as a nurse for over 5 years--I just might have had a step up, when it came to Labor and Delivery. Umm....that would be a NO. I was wrong, very very, wrong. But on a positive note, it is definitely the coolest job I have EVER had, and I get to work with some really fun people. So, we are trying our best to juggle Steve's rotations, Hunter's preschool, Tanner's wild and crazy toddler ways, and my sanity.
So yes...a mini trip this weekend, is just what we needed to gear up for another week ahead.
{My parent's house in St. George}
{M&M Factory here we come....}
{I love how Tanner is checking the M&M dude out}
Yep...it was lots of fun. I have to say though, the highlight of the whole weekend just might have been when I discovered that my favorite Monster cereal's were already out. Do any of you remember eating these as a kid??? My favorite was Franken Berry! YUM! So sugary...but oh so good.
So which one is your favorite.........
9 comments:
It sounds like you have been crazy busy! I'm glad that you were able to take a relaxing vacation!
So glad you got a weekend getaway they are the best! L&D is a total different story...it has been an adjustment for me and I am not even a nurse! Wish you were working at Alta View. The boys are adorable!
I'm glad you had a nice weekend in between all of the craziness. looks like fun! If you ever need help with the boys, let me know. The girls would love to play with them.
And, I can't believe they have that cereal again. Crack up! I totally remember eating them as a kid.
How fun Annie! I remember going to Vegas with you TWICE! How fun...your boys are so cute and Tanner could not be more adorable with his new hair! LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see the pics.
Oh my gosh. Your boys have grown so much in the past few months that I have been slacking!! They are adorable. It looks like you guys had a good time in St. George and Vegas!! Good to hear from ya. We should try to get together sometime while you are in Utah.
How fun! I have never been to Vegas. Sad I know. Looks like you guys had a great time.
I am LOVING Tanner's hair! So cute!
Yes, I remember eating that cereal. I would have to say Count Chocula was my favorite.
Yay! It's so good to hear that you're doing well! I LOVE those cereals! All three will now be on my grocery list! Good luck with your first night. Since you'll be working at night you may not see her, but keep an ear out for my sister (Ellen Harrop). :) Good luck!
Oh you so should have stopped to see us! We are in Mesquite right now! I can't wait to take Drew to the M&M Factory! Glad you had a good time!
What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys could get away from the craziness for awhile. Those eclairs look amazingly delicious :)
I bet you are an amazing L&D nurse!! They are very lucky to have you!
Post a Comment