Friday, May 7, 2010

{a monumental day}



Today was a monumental day!

After 8 years of school,

hundreds of tests,

thousands of patients,

countless hours spent studying,

and many sleepless nights......


Steve finished his last "official" day of Medical School.


Wow...somehow doesn't quite cover it! To say it has been a roller coaster whirlwind of a ride, over these past 8 years is a complete understatement. I am definitely (and I know Steve certainly is) thrilled to no longer refer to himself as a "student" from this point forward.


I just couldn't let this day pass, without acknowledging how truly grateful and proud I am to be married to this incredibly diligent, hard working, ever enduring, amazingly talented man!


As we look forward to the next three years of Residency, I can't help but reflect on the many experiences we have shared/endured together as a family. I am so grateful for this little blog I decided to embark upon a few years ago. Mostly, because I never want to forget all of the good times we shared, as well as our struggles and challenges we had throughout this whole process. What a blessing it has been to be able to look back at these little glimpse and pictures from my life, and always remember what I have learned!

So yes, a monumental day it has been indeed.

Another little reason I have to breath a huge sigh of relief.....is that we finally (and it wasn't without major stress and headache...trust me!) That we found a place to call "home" for the next 3 years in Iowa.



It came at just the right time too, because I was literally about to lose my mind if I didn't find a place for us to live!

10 comments:

Stokes Folks said...

Congrat's, Andrea, to you and your family! Enjoy Iowa, but remember we'd love to have you back "home" again one day!!! Will surely miss working with you! Love, Cari

Susan said...

Wow, Congratulations Andrea and Steve! What a great day! I remember talking about you getting Steve through med school and wondering if it really would happen. It's so great that he stuck to his dream and that you stuck by him!

P.S.Cute house!

Mackay Family said...

Congratulations! What a great day. I remember when you were finding out where you guys were going for med school...Good luck back in Iowa. Your new home looks cute!

Azure said...

Congrats to Steve!! How exciting! I'm sad that you guys will be moving away again though.

Ashley and Devan said...

I can't believe you guys are at this point.. so exciting! Congrats to both of you. Your new place in Iowa looks super cute. Good Luck on the big move!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

It's such a bittersweet move...I'm so excited that Med School is finally over, but it's sad that you guys are moving away....especially how close the cousins are now! :(

Thank heavens for the blogs though so we can always know what's going on with each other.

Sarah said...

Woohooo! That's awesome. Congratulations to your whole family. And hooray for finding a house. I know how stressful it is trying to find a house! I'm so glad you found one so you can make plans. Not knowing is the worst!

Congratulations, again!!

Chris & Missy said...

Yea Steve!! Good luck with your residency! So happy for the both of you and I'm glad you found a place to live!

Tasha said...

Congrats!!! Wow - you guys are all done with medical school! That is so exciting! You guys are amazing! Good luck with the big move and residency!

Elise said...

So where is the house at? Will you be back in the Waukee Ward? COngrats to Steve and the whole fam!