Saturday, September 18, 2010

{apple orchard=caramel apples}


It was two years ago this month, that we took a trip to the Apple Orchard here in Iowa. When I look back at that post--I can't believe how much has changed since then. You can take a peek {here} if you so desire.


So today, even though it was a very rainy day here in Iowa, we decided to venture out again to the old Apple Orchard--and pick ourselves some delicious crisp apples!



We checked out the turkeys, goats, and sheep!



Then we ran into this crazy guy.....



and decided we'd skip his tea party!





We rolled around in some home grown Iowa corn.





Brought home some freshly baked apple cider donuts. YUM!


And decided that this year---we would turn our apple orchard Honey Crisp's


from this



into this






Happy Days at the Apple Orchard indeed!

2 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Apple ciders donuts?!? Those sound so delicious and your apple look divine. Wish I lived closer...

Sydney said...

Your blog is so cool! Your kids are so cute. I hope life is treatinf you well!
Syd Hanson