Wednesday, September 29, 2010

{a few of my favorite things}




As I have stated many times before----Fall is by far my favorite time of year! Especially the month of October. We have a lot of really fun activities planned for next month, and I can't wait.

So here are just a few of my favorite things, to get us all in the spirit of Fall.


I already broke out our little collection of "scary movies" a couple of weeks ago--and the boys and I have really enjoyed watching the movies below! The nights Steve is on call, we stay up late--pop some popcorn--and prepare to get spooked by witches and ghosts.






Speaking of popcorn, for some reason I have really been craving homemade caramel popcorn. Nothing beats a nice big batch of freshly made caramel corn in the Fall. (I have already made 3 batches of this stuff.)




Homemade Oreos have always been a big tradition at our house. I made these last week and dyed the icing orange this time just for fun!





I was so excited when I saw my favorite monster cereal at Target this past week. Full of sugar, but oh so good! My favorite is Boo Berry.



My good friend is part of this great website-- that has a lot of really fun and clever ideas! It especially has some great ideas for Halloween next month. If you haven't already checked out the {Craftingy Chicks} you should!



I found these fabulous little Frankenstein cupcakes in my Ultimate Halloween Taste of Home magazine, and can't wait to make them next month. Here is the {recipe} if you want to make them too.


Of course when I saw {these} creepy eyeball cookies I instantly thought of two little boys I happen to know-- that would definitely think they were cool. I am not sure if I will make them next month, but nonetheless they would be pretty fun to take to a Halloween party right?


I am not sure about this last one-- I might leave it up to Steve to figure out all the details, but aren't these little Dracula cookies so cute?? I also found them in my Taste of Home magazine. The recipe is found {here.}




And lastly, one of the biggest reasons I love this time of year--is because I look forward to October General Conference. Hopefully it will be a very nice and relaxing weekend spent with my family.


Happy Fall to All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY Annie,
Slow down a bit in the baking dept. I want to have lots of Halloween treats to make when I get there. I am so excited to re-create some of these fun ideas. Hope you have a great weekend. I will talk to you from sunny St. George.

Sarah said...

I love the Halloween homemade oreos! And the frankenstein cupcakes are adorable, I just might have to try those :) I love all of the fun Halloween stuff you have out already, it'll probably be a couple weeks until I get to ours. It was 105 degrees today, it is making it so hard to get into fall! I am anxiously awaiting some cooler weather, surprisingly! :)

And yes, that is a Target shirt! I will always think of you when I wear mine too wondering if we might just be matching across the country :) I love it!

Stokes Folks said...

You're such a good mom!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I love too! Getting the house decorated...trick or treating...candy corn...what's not to love right?

So fun..I can't wait to see how they all turn out...you always have such great ideas!