Saturday, September 11, 2010

{published.....labor day surprise}



I was super excited when I got this in the mail a few weeks ago! I am officially published! It turned out even better than I had hoped for. I used my $39.95 coupon-- and now I have a really nice hard bound book, that has record of our family in the year 2008. It did take some time editing and deciding which pics, posts etc...to duplicate into an actual book, but it was well worth it. So here are just a few pics of the end product. I know of few of you have asked me how the book turned out....so have a little sneak peek and see for yourself.









FYI: I opted to use the premium paper option (I figured since I was getting my book for so cheap because of the coupon, I would try it out...and I was really impressed at how good the quality was.) So hopefully you blogger's out there get published too, so you can have your online journal forever!


Labor Day Weekend Surprise


Steve's brother and family had some time off of work, and thought it would be fun to come out for a quick visit to spend time with all of us. The fun part--was that it was a complete surprise to Steve. We had planned the entire trip, and Steve had no idea. It was priceless to see the look on his face when we all showed up at the hospital for lunch, and he had no idea that his brother, wife and kids would be there too.


I also wanted it to be a surprise for Hunter as well, so when we all went to pick him up at school that day, I don't think a little boy could have been more shocked and happy to see his cousin Carter waiting for him in front of the school. We had a fabulous Labor Day weekend, and honestly we couldn't feel more blessed than we already do, to have such amazing families who sacrifice so much on our behalf. So here are some pics from our Labor Day weekend!


Four little Superhero's


The three oldest boys and their Elephants aka Ellies.




We made Creepy Crawlers


Had some fun at the beach





Steve and his brother Scott





And really....the best part was just hanging out and letting the boys play with their cousins all weekend. Thank you Scott and Christie for making this Labor Day weekend--one we will never forget!

5 comments:

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I am still in shock at how well the whole trip went. The drive, the stay, the boys sleeping, the boys all playing, steve's work...I couldn't have planned it better!

Thanks for all you did while we were there...I know it's a lot to have that many people in your home...but I have to admit it was a nice vacay for me and Scott too. :)

Cassie said...

Your book turned out great, I took advantage of the same coupon! I was so happy with how my book turned out also! I hope we can find a coupon every year like that!

Sarah said...

Yay for visitors! What a fun surprise, it looks like your boys had so much fun together.

Your blog book looks fantastic! Good call on the premium paper. I'm hoping they'll do more coupons like that! :)

Brooke Hargett said...

Your book turned out great!!! That's a sweet deal you got! I am wanting to do that for Christmas this year. If you have a sec to give me some details on who you went through, that'd be great!
Hope all is well! You and your family are beautiful!! :)

Stokes Folks said...

Love the book! I keep wanting to do that too!