Monday, May 30, 2011

{mother's day}



*Mother's Day weekend*








I know that this post is obviously a bit late--but posting without my home computer has made it really difficult for blogging. Oh yeah, and did I mention that we are moving next weekend?? So, things have been a bit hectic lately. But I wanted to do a quick post from Mother's Day weekend a few weeks back. I felt so fortunate to have my mom and dad here for the weekend, and couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Mother's Day.







On Friday, as previously stated--we all went to the Tulip Festival in Pella and had a fantastic time.






On Saturday, we all went and saw the movie Rio together. It was really cute.











On Sunday after we got home from church--we whipped up a delicious Mother's Day meal. Chocolate dipped strawberries and all.








“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."



Me and my awesome Mother-in-law.




I am so grateful for the many wonderful women in my life. I look up to and admire you-- more than you know. My life is truly blessed because of you.



As I reflect on Motherhood..... I have found it to be one of the most challenging and rewarding roles to fulfill in my life so far. These two precious sons' of mine, I adore and cherish with all of my being. They are my light, and my joy. Even on the "bad" days, and when I don't quite feel up to the task of being a mom-- their sweet little faces bring happiness to my soul. Happy Mother's Day to all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love that quote!! Where did it come from? Also, do you guys need more help with moving? We can easily send Kellen that way!! :D

Sarah said...

It looks like the perfect mother's day!! I'm sorry about your computer, it is amazing how hard it is to do just about anything without them. And good luck with the move!! I am so excited for you guys and all of your new space! I hope all of the packing and moving and everything goes well!