This 4th of July weekend, we decided to celebrate--by exploring the great outdoors. Growing up in Utah, I had been used to going camping in the mountains, so this was a little different--and yet it turned out to be just as enjoyable! Iowa has really started to grow on me over the years, and I have truly come to appreciate the beauty and sites that it has to offer.
This was Tanner's first time camping, and I am pretty sure he loved every minute of it. Watching Steve build the campfire, roasting hot dogs, and making s'mores was a lot of fun for the boys.

We actually let them sleep in a tent all by themselves. I wasn't quite sure how this would turn out-- but they both did awesome. Pillow pets, comfy blankets, a dvd to watch, and their very own flashlights in hand--and all was well! (plus we were literally 2 feet away in our own tent)
Then we woke up the next day and all went fishing!

It was pretty exciting for both of them, because it was also the first time that either of them had actually caught a fish before.
As you can see--it was also pretty exciting for Steve too!


1 comment:
Oh so fun! We haven't taken the kids camping yet this summer and they keep asking to go. You are making me realize that we just need to make it happen. It looks like you guys had so much fun and I love that you even caught fish! So exciting :)
Post a Comment