Friday, September 30, 2011

{back to the orchard}



Going to our favorite apple orchard-- ranks up there with one of my all time favorite things to do in Iowa. We have gone almost every year that we have lived here, and each time it gets better and better.




There are so many fun things to do at the orchard, I just love it. We spent a wonderful afternoon there last weekend.







The corn pool was the highlight of the day I think.

At least the kids thought so.






We revisited the 3 little pigs houses.








Hunter pretended that he was the big bad wolf again!






They rode on the mini tractors.








And took a trip down the Super Slide.

I think this was Steve's favorite part of the day.








My favorite part of the day, was spending time with my family-- and eating way too many freshly baked apple cider donuts from the bakery. Yum!







We brought home a bag of freshly picked apples, and I am really looking forward to making these caramel apples again-- this Conference weekend!





Enjoy the weekend everyone!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it! It has always been a dream of mine to go to an apple orchard to go apple picking and then do other fun fall activities around it. You're living my dream! :) It looks like an absolutely perfect day :)