The first weekend in April I look forward to every year! It looks like Spring is starting to bloom everywhere I look. The tulips in my front yard have even began to sprout up, and blossom trees all around. Also, it is General Conference and that is something that I really look forward to listening to with my family.

On Saturday, my very thoughtful and considerate friends decided to throw me (baby girl) a shower. I know that I have said it many times before--- but WOW do I have an amazing group of friends. They put together a fantastic shower, and once again this little girl is going to be very spoiled. I am getting VERY excited with just about 2 weeks (or less) to go. Because of the Gestational Diabetes, my Dr. wants to induce me on the 16th of this month (at 39 weeks) so that is the plan for now. I have been slowly trying to get everything ready, but lately my energy level has been pretty low. But needless to say, we are ALL pretty dang excited around here and can't wait to meet this new baby girl.
We kept things pretty low key for Conference this year. Nothing fancy. I always try and put together activity packets for the kids to work on while Steve and I try and listen without distraction. Some years work better than others, and this year was a great one. Thank you boys, I really needed to hear the messages this year, and have come away feeling refreshed and renewed.
Good little buddies.
A quick note about the these two pics. Lately Hunter has become quite obsessed with books. (that is a huge understatement) He loves to read them, collect them, carry them around the house wherever he goes, sleeps with them by his bed at night....you get the idea. Well, the other day when I was cleaning/organizing my bookshelf, Hunter came across this Book of Mormon. He instantly lit up and got all excited, and said "Mom, do you think that you would let me have this Book of Mormon to read?" And of course I said yes Hunter, but you have to take very good care of this book. He said, I know mom I promise I will--THANK YOU so much!! I kinda started to feel somewhat guilty that the thought had never even occurred to me to get him his own copy. I guess I just figured next year after he turned 8yrs old and got baptized that I would get him his own set. Well, the kid hasn't put the book down since he got it and then of course little brother had to have one too.
I'll be completely honest, things haven't been the easiest around here lately, and especially when it has come to my kids and their attitudes. I have really struggled to find the patience and love to continue teaching them what they should do and how to be good boys. But as I reflect on this pic above, it brings me great joy along with some motherly tears because I have to think-- that somehow these two precious little spirits were sent to me, and even though there are days that I feel like I am not going to make it through the day, and am completely overwhelmed--I must be doing something right!
No comments:
Post a Comment