I exercised my right to vote!
Why....because it is one of the many privileges we have all been given to live in this great country. I am proud to be an American. This election year has been pretty exciting here in corn country Iowa. I have tried to get involved as much as I could, and was fortunate to attend 2 of the rally's for Romney and Ryan over the past few months. It all began in January when we went to the Caucus and cast our vote. It has been quite the political firestorm ever since. Living in a 'battle ground' state has it's advantages--- it also comes with an abundance of TV adds, phone calls, mail, etc...which gets VERY old after awhile. I hope everyone takes the opportunity given to them, and exercises their right to vote as well. I will be anxiously watching as the results roll in tonight.....
"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income. You cannot establish security on borrowed money. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves."
Abraham Lincoln


1 comment:
Andrea, I love the quote you put up by Abraham Lincoln! It is awesome you have gotten so involved.
Post a Comment