Sunday, December 1, 2013

{sunday photo: give thanks}



:Sunday Photo:
aka
:Thanksgiving Day 2013:

I am going to cheat a little and use the pictures I took this past week for my update. We had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Every year that we have lived in the great state of Iowa, I have cooked our Thanksgiving meal. It is something that I have really grown to love and thoroughly enjoy doing each year for my family. The best part of cooking the entire meal in my opinion....are the delicious leftovers that come the following day. YUM!



Here are this years' little turkey trio. Man they are looking grown up in this photo. I blink and feel like I miss so much. Love them.




Steve had to work just until 1:00 that day...so he was able to be home in time to take part in the festivities. Only a 'real man' can pull off wearing an apron in the kitchen...go Steve!




A Thanksgiving tradition that I have passed on to my two boys is the 'breaking of the bread' for my homemade stuffing, (my FAVORITE) Thanksgiving food to eat. It was something that I did as a young girl growing up, as well as each of my siblings recall fond memories of breaking bread together. 




Kid table



This year, at the last minute we decided to have our good friends' the Sprague family over to celebrate with us. They have become our family (away from family) here in Iowa and we love them dearly. Our kids all get along so well, and I know that my kids had a very fun day with their friends. 








The other day I was thinking about how sometimes the trials that we go through here in this life...can appear to be all consuming and overwhelming. But when I pause to think and really consider things, I very quickly come to realize that there are an abundance of blessings that are all around me, the 'key' is to recognize them as such. Trials can indeed be blessings....

give thanks



No comments: