What a welcome site 2014 is! It already got off to an awesome start and I am optimistic that it'll carry throughout the next 12 months. We rung in the New Year by enjoying a fabulous spread that consisted of shrimp cocktail, Thai coconut soup (my favorite) and Thai lettuce wraps. I'm definitely thinking we need to make this be an annual tradition. We had it last year too, and oh wow is it goood.
After dinner we were invited over to a New Years Eve party at some good friends of ours, the Allison's. What made the night even more fun was that another awesome family that we love, the Scott's were in town over the holiday visiting and we got to hang out with them that night as well. The picture below is all the 'loot' the boys won from the game they played that night. Such a fun way to celebrate.
Toasting of the Martinelli's.
Little princess was up waaaay past her bedtime. She made it till about 10:00pm and was done.
Reflections of the last year......
I'll give 2013 one thing....it certainly was memorable.
It may sound simple and trite, but one of the best things that I did, was put together a quick little video collage (flipagram) of the past 12 months. You can see it below if you'd like.
But what that video did, interestingly enough was open my eyes to all of the good and joy that occurred all around me during 2013. I'm not sure if it was the visual effect of seeing it all flash before my eyes, but it honestly caused a change to take place in my heart. I have carried quite a lot of bitterness, anger, resentment, frustration and a deep pain at what has taken place in our lives, and at times it has been so consuming and destructive that I have barely made it through the day. It was those deep seeded feelings of anger and resentment that caused the suffering--that in turn prevented me from being the person, mother, wife, friend etc...that I knew I was capable of being.
I decided awhile back that those thoughts and feelings have no place in my life. They cause nothing but sadness and pain. Since then, much brighter and happier times have carried me through. Honestly, my heart is so full of gratitude at the many acts of kindness, generosity and love that has been shown on my family's behalf in recent months, that I have no room left for anything else. In the trial of my faith, and after many months of struggling and fighting my way through--I ultimately chose to see the light and happiness and life that was happening all around me. I allowed the Lord to heal my troubled soul, and again have hope for brighter days ahead.
A theme for the New Year..... will be the same theme that we implemented this summer. I bought a large sign that hangs in our kitchen and is visible to all. Again, it is simple and may be trite--but I have found myself many times looking up at it's words and allowing them to take over and bring me though a difficult day.
Keep Calm and Carry On
As simple as that phrase may be, it has proven to be a lot more challenging to actually 'do.' Come what may....we will Carry On in the year 2014.
1 comment:
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
Post a Comment