Wednesday, February 20, 2008

{day one}

Today we are starting something that I have been dreading for a very long time.....POTTY TRAINING!! Ok so I realized a few weeks ago that Hunter is going to be 3 years old in just 2 weeks! So I guess its about time we started this whole process. It took me awhile to mentally prepare for the "challenge" ahead...so off we go Hunter! My good friend Azure helped me out with a "3 day potty training" guide that guarantees success after three 'short' (haha-we'll see about that) days! SO I have read the manual and am ready to be shut indoors and literally not leave my house for the next 3 days! I guess if there ever was a time to start this....now would be the time, considering it is forcasted a frigid 5 degrees for the high today here in Iowa, and windchill advisories all day long ranging from -20 to -30 degrees. Ya I know Iowa ROCKS!!!
So what is needed you ask to potty train my son....
1. One active and energetic (almost) 3 year old!
Exhibit One: Hunter

2. The "equipment" to begin our adventure with...
Exhibit Two: What fun would potty training be, for a little boy-- without Thomas the Train and Cars big boy pants???

3. The bribes of course...I found this pack of fun toys at Walmart for only $9.99 and the bubbles are always a favorite of Hunters.
Exhibit Three: 'Walmart specials'

Well there you have it-- it sure sounds like I am prepared and ready to go...so wish us luck and keep us in your thoughts (seriously I need all the help I can get) And those of you who call Iowa home....where oh where is SPRING?????

10 comments:

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I'm rooting for you Annie! Hunter is a smart little dude and will catch on pretty quickly I'm sure. Call me anytime if you need to chat, you know I don't have a life so I'm hear anytime you need me. You'll have to test out the "three day strategy" and let me know how it works and what I should do when it comes time for Carter. Good luck!

Debbi said...

ohh, good luck with it! I hope the 3 day thing works, you will have to update us every day. I waited until gage was 3 and 4 months or something like that and it worked really well -he woke up said he wanted to wear his underwear and did it, but each kid is different. good luck!!!

{Erica} said...

good luck! Ella decided to do it on her own and was potty trained in a week (day time) we waited about four months for night time and now she's been fully potty trained for a while now....man..I HATE potty training and I keep trying to not remember that I have to do this again really soon :) Let me know if you want company for the next 3 days...I still need to talk to you about WW :)

Jamie said...

oh Andrea-good luck-I will definitely need your advice with potty training boys someday! He looks so cute in his sporty underwear!

Courtney said...

Good for you! We have introduced the potty at our house, I just need to finish reading the manual and we're ready to go. So don't be surprised when I start asking you questions!

Azure said...

Yay Andrea!!! I know that Hunter will be able to do it. And you will be so glad that you did it. It's very nice to only have one in diapers now. It saves a lot of money too. Good luck with it and call me when you can. By the way, love the Cars undies, Logan has the same ones!!

Megan and Shawn said...

Hope the potty training is going good - I got Sam those same slippers for V-Day, he was soooo excited. Don't you just love their little bums in undies?? Its so funny...

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - so how did the first day go?? Successful I hope! I am so not looking forward to doing this again and luckily I have a little bit of time to sike myself up for it. Go Hunter, you big boy you!!

allison said...

Good Luck! I agree it is the best time to do it, in the winter when it is soooooooo cold outside that you can't go anywhere. Savannah did a good job and it only took about a week. Just one word of advice don't quit now that you have started, that is one mistake I made with Savannah, I think she could have been trained sooner but I didn't stick with it. Let us know how it goes. Good Job Hunter!

Unknown said...

Hunter will do such a great job! If they are ready, it shouldn't be too hard. Good luck!!!