
While Steve had ACLS certification and board review classes all weekend long...we decided to have a "Dragon Weekend" without him! (sorry Steve) Hunter's obsession with dragons has become increasingly more prevalent as time has gone on. What a goof I know--but what can I say....Hunter LOVES dragons!! (even the scary ones) We went to Barnes and Noble saturday and got this adorable children's book called "Puff the Magic Dragon" it really is a very cute and fun book, even if you don't LOVE dragons! I would definitely recommend it, as a great book to read to your kids!
So it got me to thinking back to my childhood years, and one of my sister's and my favorite movie's was-- Pete's Dragon! (along with Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Mary Poppins of course) I didn't realize Pete's Dragon was released back in 1977--WoW...and it still is a great Disney classic. We rented it at blockbuster, but I really would love to buy this movie in DVD. I checked at Walmart and Best Buy, and was quite surprised that neither one carried this fantastic movie.
So if any of you know where to buy Pete's Dragon in DVD at...please let me know!

I never saw the simply charming Enchanted when it came out in theaters, so I rented it this weekend for me to watch actually. (I knew Steve wouldn't be too distressed that he missed out on watching this one with me) haha right!! And was SO thrilled to see that there is a dragon scene at the very end! (some kids it might frighten, I am sure) but not my son--Oh no, the scary dragon he thought was SO COOL and we have literally watched that scene about 20 times since then!! Oh ya, the rest of the movie he really likes too!! Also a great movie I would recommend for everyone to go and see--it is adorable!!

So these last pics are of my silly boy watching Enchanted for the 100th time, surrounded by all of his dragon friends!!
12 comments:
what a cute idea. Petes dragon is one of our favorite movies (bret and mine) and totally takes me back to the disney movies they used to play on sunday nights....I think that's when I first saw that movie. You should try and find the movie "puff the magic drago" it's a cartoon..he might like it (circa 1980's). Seriously such a cute idea!
I miss Hunter soo much Annie! He's becoming this big boy now...I'm glad that he's found something he's really into, that's cute~
I'm sorry to hear that you were alone this weekend with the boys, it always seems to make the weeks seem longer when you get no relief.
Ok- you can find Pete's Dragon on DVD at Half.com. Bedknobs and Broomsticks was one of my favorites as well. And I have to say, Doug really enjoyed Enchanted!
How funny! I love it! That is such a great idea. You are the best little mom Andrea. I can't believe how fast Tanner is growing up. He is getting so big! We should get together sometime this weekend...what do ya think?
Puff the Magic Dragon.......Andrea, are you a pot-head???
Get it? From Meet the Parents? I didn't want you to really think that I thought you were a pot-head. Anyway, that's so funny that Hunter is obsessed with dragons. They get their little crazy things that they love so much. Logan used to love this weird cartoon, Jane and the Dragon" so of course he was obsessed with dragons as well. Then it was "The Backyardigans". And now, it's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and this cartoon on TLC called "Peep". It's kind of weird, but oh well, what can you do? I hope that Tanner is doing better with the teething thing.
Enchanted is my new favorite thing - but I feel like I can't justify getting it b/c Sam is a boy! Uhhh... oh well, maybe I can sneak it into the house when no one is looking.
Your 'Dragon Weekend' sounded like so much fun!!! You are such a fun, sweet mom. I LOVE the pictures of Hunter with his dragons, he is extremely cute!
What a cute mommy, looks like a fun filled themed weekend! Hunter is getting so big-can't wait to see you this summer!! love you!
Hey Andrea! It was so fun to hear from you on our blog. You are so cute! Your family is darling! Don't you love having boys! Your boys are so cute! We are doing really well. We love it here in Kirksville. It is a really small town though so if we want to do anything we have travel a ways but it is really fun to be so close to Nauvoo. We are a only a couple of hours away. Anyway I'm so glad you found my blog! I put your blog address in our blog favorites so we can keep updated on what you guys are doing. It was so fun to see the pics of your fam! Take care!
That is so funny that Hunter loves the dragon at the end of Enchanted. We just watched it with my nephew and he was the same! He only tolerated the movie for the cool dragon at the end.
Sister, what a Kodak moment with Hunter squeezed between Pete's dragons! I miss the two buggers Hunter and Tanner sooo much! Give em' a kiss for me.
Post a Comment