Monday, March 24, 2008

{easter and chicago}


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday weekend! I really do LOVE this holiday! It is a great time for me personally to reflect on Christ and his life. I am so grateful for His atoning sacrifice for me, and the Resurrection. I truly feel blessed everyday to feel of His unconditional love for me! We had a great time with our boys over this past weekend with Spring Break-- a trip to Chicago and Easter yesterday. So here are a few pics from our latest adventures....

Here are a few pics of our boys on Easter Sunday--





We had Steve's younger brother Kyle come out and visit from Utah this past week too. We all had such a FUN time with our mini getaway to Chicago. It was such a great time to spend together as a family and see somewhere new. Although the first day we were VERY surprised to wake up to a huge snow storm in Chicago....we tried to make the most of the day anyway and still had a great time snow blizzard and all!!!

We went to this really cool place called Shedd Aquarium....which I would highly reccommend seeing if you have never been before. Hunter LOVED LOVED LOVED this place. They had dolphins, sharks, whales, penguins....and about a million different cool types of lizards and fish to see. So since we had a huge snow storm outside, we spent most of the day in the Aquarium. It was also a HUGE bonus that they just so happened to have "Spongebob Squarepants" in 4-D playing, so of course we had so see that.



The boys also had a GREAT time swimming in the hotel pool. Hunter loved swimming in the hot tub with uncle Kyle and Tanner bug couldn't get enough of the pool with his dad.



Of course we had to sample Chicago's famous PIZZA while we were there, and my my was it delicious!!!

We also hit Navy Pier and a few shops before we headed back home to Iowa on Saturday. I never had seen a two story McDonalds before, so of course we had to eat there too.






I took SO many fun pictures while we were there, so I am putting the rest of them on a slide show!! I hope everyone had a great weekend as well, and Happy Easter to all!!

14 comments:

Debbi said...

Looks like you had a blast! I can't believe the snow storm pictures. Tanner looks so big and happy in his Easter picture, it makes me smile! What cute boys you have!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures!!! It looks like you had so much fun. Your sweet little boys Easter outfits are super darling!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures! You are so pretty Andrea! Seriously I love your hair. Looks like you had a great spring break! If only it felt like spring here!

The Halls said...

cute! cute! pictures! it looks like you had tons of fun. i am so glad! Yep you are lookin amazing keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, your boys look so so so cute! i love the pictures!

allison said...

Fun trip, I am glad you had a great time. Andrea you look so good!

{Erica} said...

So glad you had fun! I love the boys in their easter outfits! Isn't the Shedd Aquarium awesome! We can't wait to go back to chicago? Did you get to go shopping? I love your hair in those pics....what a hottie!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I'm so glad to hear that the trip was fun! I know how much you guys needed that trip...I am a little jealous that you got to go somewhere cool. :) You have to call me so we can catch up!

Azure said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! I was so glad to see the pictures from your vacation. Seeing them makes it feel like I got to go somewhere without even leaving Utah. I can't wait until we go on a vacation!!! Your hair is getting really long. It's cute. Your boys look very cute in their little Easter outfits. Call me sometime soon and we'll talk.

Jamie said...

so glad you had a lot of fun!! The boys looks extrememly cute!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Way cute pictures of Chicago and Easter. I like the one of you wearing Tanner, so fun! Too bad the weather was crappy, but at least you got super yummy pizza.

Scott and Angie said...

It looks like you all had alot of fun on you trip. You look so cute, i love your hair. Your boys are just little studs, i love their cute outfits.

Family Scads said...

You are the most photogenic person I have ever seen. Do you have any bad pictures of yourself? Not fair!! Looks like you had lots of fun during Easter and Spring Break. The boys looks so cute in their Easter outfits! We need to get together again soon. Last time was so fun.

Janae said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm glad you had fun despite the snow. And easter looks like a lot of fun. Love the pics!